Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cant wait to see WIC eliminated!

The need for WIC, for the most part, is caused by peoples lack of personal responsibility. There are few cases in which the statement does not apply. Such as those unable to take/use birth control because of allergies, rape victims, and those families laid off during pregnancy. We are one of the only species who have the ability to breed at almost anytime we choose, yet still reject opportunistic values shared by similar species.

WIC provides for 45% of all infants. In 2011, 7 billion was spent on WIC. The percentage of children on WIC is ridiculous when one thinks out all the dozens of forms of birth control out of the market, many of which are free or of little cost to people in poverty. We all know that once a child is born into poverty or by parents who are unable to fully care for them are often set up for failure. The problem isn't the parents, it's our society  as a whole. We place little importance on personal responsibility and the need for self reliance. This is even more prevalent in low income communities. Education and family planing are proven ways to eliminating poverty and building a strong country as a whole.

The day we realize that and implement successful strategies to teach our countries children will be the day not only the need for WIC is practically eliminated, but also programs like snap. I will smile that day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:07 PM
21 moms liked this

shit happens

it is to help infants and children

why would anyone deny them help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this
I think WIC should end their formula congrats
giveaways and require a doctors note.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this
If you think what I said was a waste of time, why did you bother replying?

Quoting Anonymous:

tell me more.....wait i didnt care with what you already said soooo dont waist anymore of my time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM
13 moms liked this

maybe you should write to the pres and tell him to stop spending all our money on guns and bombs for over seas, and start taking care of his damn country FIRST!!!

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

tell me more.....wait i didnt care with what you already said soooo dont waist anymore of my time

Didn't you waste your own time by coming in here, reading, and then responding?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Shit does not "just" happen. It is peoples lack of PR That often causes unplanned children.

Quoting silverdawn99:

shit happens

it is to help infants and children

why would anyone deny them help?

NBean311
by Chivette on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh geez... Good luck with this one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM
36 moms liked this

so a baby gets to go hungry because maybe its mom cannot breast feed and they lost a job , because some idiotic woman thinks it is a good idea. You always have the dumbest comments but this one takes the cake. I did not have enough milk for my kids to breast feed. My husband got injured and his income dropped when i had my first, when i had my second he was back to work but his job was eliminated. So my kids should of starved?

gemikris82
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM
17 moms liked this

i cant imagien denying children/babies food though, regardless of how their parents may or may not have messed up/

Anariama
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM
61 moms liked this

Yeah because of all the things this country wastes money on,feeding poor children is the worst!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)