Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow. Trashy much?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh went to the grocery store to get a few last minute things. While standing in the checkout, he overhears this convo:

Girl 1: I got my kids all kinds of stuff for Xmas, but didn't get anything for the BF yet...

Girl 2: I guess he's gonna have to wait til payday huh?

Girl 1: Naw...I'll just use my child support to get him something.

DH and Cashier's faces : angry

WTF???

And people think my DH is nuts for thinking there should be a system of accountability for how CS is spent. Reciepts, and the like. Why should someone's CS go to frivolous shit for someone else's fuckbuddy, and NOT to the kids necessities, as it's meant to???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (81-90):
mcclainprincess
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Money is money. My child support goes into the same account as my paycheck. Yes I've used that particular batch of cash for other things, but daycare gets paid for,.food is on the table,.clothes are on his back, etc...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
It does not matter. That money covers housing, electricity, heat, food, clothes, ect. It doesn't matter if she uses that check for something else when she spent her earned money on everything else.

How do people not get that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Well I'm sure the kids necessities were paid for with someone's money? Does it matter where it comes from? It's the parents money for having and raising the other person's children. If they have a roof over their heads, food on the table, and shoes on their feet, that parent IS providing necessities, no matter if the parent paid for it with THEIR money, or the CHILD SUPPORT. I don't get why people make such a big deal about how that money is spent, as long as the kids necessities are provided regardless. (No, I don't get child support, I should, for my 10 yr old dd, but he's $30,000 in debt and in hiding instead....oh well)

ms-superwoman
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Why do you care what someone else does with their money? Looks like you and DH need a big dose of mindyourownbusiness.

Heather_309
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You make some excellent points. I think I should stop commenting until i read all of the comments.

If that were to be the case, than heck yes, use that CS to buy a gift. If, that were to be the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so , say CS Doesn't come in until a day or two before Christmas, and BF's the sole provider for those kids?

All his money goes towards those kids & their  daily needs & christmas shopping. Kids are totally ,100% Taken care of.

Birth father is a piece of trash & Doesn't want anything to do with them.Maybe abused mom or kids or both.

Child support Check is $ 20  ( i know someone getting $12 !! ))     So she can't use that on her boyfriends one measly gift?    

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Stop  butting into other people's business.

You do NOT Know what is going on in their lives or their situation.  

Yes, in a lot of cases you'd be right. However, you don't  KNOW If this is one of those cases !!!  Don't judge. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin got $12 a month, while her x was working 40+ hours a week under the table, and not contributing anything else. He didn't so much as pick up a backpack for school, or new flip flops for summer. And she wasn't rolling in it- she's a college student (went back to school), and a waitress. 

These posts always make me think the bashes are women with husbands who support their children with their X. It's sad and pathetic of them to gripe and whine about how the custodial parent spends their check. IMHO, as long as the kids are taken care of, who cares?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so , say CS Doesn't come in until a day or two before Christmas, and BF's the sole provider for those kids?

All his money goes towards those kids & their  daily needs & christmas shopping. Kids are totally ,100% Taken care of.

Birth father is a piece of trash & Doesn't want anything to do with them.Maybe abused mom or kids or both.

Child support Check is $ 20  ( i know someone getting $12 !! ))     So she can't use that on her boyfriends one measly gift?    

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Stop  butting into other people's business.

You do NOT Know what is going on in their lives or their situation.  

Yes, in a lot of cases you'd be right. However, you don't  KNOW If this is one of those cases !!!  Don't judge. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I get my paycheck and I get child support. I pay our bills, and feed and buy my kids clothes. Does it really matter if I am paying for their clothes with my paycheck, or go out to dinner with my child support? It is all income coming into my home. It doesn't really matter what is paid for with what as long as my kids are being taken care of. My exdh could also care less what I pay with with source. $25 from my check is the same as $25 from my child support. If I got cash out, $25 from my check, and $25 from my support, do you really think I am going to mark the cash and say oh this $25 came from my check so I better use this for my stuff, and this $25 came from my child support so I better make sure this pays for their lunch. The cash is the same cash everyone else has.

Quoting melschlegs:

Buying booze with it is one example.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is child support fraud? The custodial parent gets support from the non-custodial parent. It does not come from the state or anywhere else.

Quoting melschlegs:

Child support is meant to go to the CHILD, so it SHOULD go into a separate account so that there is accountability on what it is spent on.  It would reduce CS fraud, and frankly, give courts a better idea of how much money is needed from state to state to raise one child.

Quoting owl0210:

That doesn't make ANY sense. It all goes into the same account just like when we were married. Child support isn't welfare lmao.

Quoting melschlegs:

CS should be done like food stamps are done - get a loadable card, and have all monies tracked and certain purchases blocked.

brebugmom91
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Who cares? I'm sure she's given up plenty for her kids. Jesus.
mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM
This.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

As long as the children are well taken care of, who cares??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I was told that as long as the children have food, clothing, and their educational needs are met then there is no reason to show proof of where the child support money is going because the CS and my earned income are deposited into the same account and that is what I use to care for his and my children and household bills (Food, electric, water, gas, house payments, insurance, etc) Which is CARING for the children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN