Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Added My Response* You're Supposed to Feed Kids More Than Once a Day??

Posted by   + Show Post

My Facebook status:

I just gave this kid breakfast at 9am, and she's already begging for more food.  It's only noon!

My sister's response:

She's just spoiled.  One meal a day, I say!

Now, silly us, we did not realize that we need to add in a couple of "lol"s or something to idiot-proof what most people would surely realize was not a serious conversation.  This was the private message I received a few minutes ago from the wife of one of my husband's friends (she is usually not the brightest crayon in the box, but she outdid herself this time):

didn't want to put anything on your wall and start some public drama so i kept my mouth shut all day but that status update really bothered me all day. i know me and [her husband] don't have kids and so you prolly think i don't have the right to say anything but any idiot knows kids eat reg meals like adults. [my daughter's name] is like 6 right [she's four, but do go on]a good meal plan for her would be some eggos at breakfast some chicken nuggets and a apple at lunch and spagetti at dinner with something green too. oh and some snacks all day like yogurt and fruit roll ups.  seriously feed your kid or i'll have [her husband] tell [my husband] that you're not taking care of his kid when hes working his ass off all day.

You asked for it, and here it is.  My response:

Dear [her name],

While I do appreciate your concern for my child's well-being, I can assure you that there is really no need to report me to [my husband].  My sister and I were only joking.  My family enjoys our sarcasm.

I also appreciate your suggested meal plan, but as my daughter and I are vegans, it just would not work for our lifestyle and beliefs.  We generally begin our day with a smoothie packed with both fruit and greens, and then follow that up with oatmeal after a good walk and a little yoga.  Her lunch usually consists of some kind of sandwich, with fruit and a vegetable on the side.  Her dinners vary, but I try to make sure they always include a whole grain, protein, and at least two vegetables.  She also has one or two snacks during the day, which also vary.

Again, thank you for your concern.  In the future, I will try to make my odd sense of humour a bit more clear.

S

by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Replies (121-130):
soulawakening82
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Feed your damn kid! Lmao!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

The funniest thing about all of it is that I know I have had conversations with this woman about being a vegan at military functions.  I am not one of those vegans who goes about "preaching the word" or anything.  My daughter is really tall for her age, and the woman commented that she "must eat a lot of steak and potatoes", and I responded that actually she has been a vegetarian all her life (because hey, I like that she is proof veggie kids are not underdeveloped), and we had a half hour conversation on the subject. So, she must have both memory and intelligence problems.

Quoting gizmo538:

I applaud you for responding kindly, but had that had been me, I probably wouldn't have been so nice especially after the "or else I'll have my husband tell your husband" and the whole, "you're not taking care of his kid while he works his ass off all day". So what is she implying? That you don't work? That you sit on your ass all day?

It sucks that you can't fix stupid. She was way out of line.

SLMitchell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh dear, now I have done it!  She is resorting to fending for herself!

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Oh.
NikiSellers0806
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Whaaaaaat? What did you do??

Quoting Casperstalks:

The last time I ate pop tarts, I got my fill of protein as well.. I found a maggot in my pop tart. >.<

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Whole Foods is NOT acceptable. That hippie health-nut stuff is for the birds! Acceptable foods would be: poptarts,pancakes(preferably frozen), lunchables, chips, cookies, gummy bears, etc

Quoting Anonymous:

lol, I am reformed! I'll stock up next time I go shopping. Does that mean a trip to Whole Foods is out of the question?

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Didn't you know eggos and chicken nuggets are two of the major food groups? At *least* two servings recommended daily

Quoting Anonymous:

Ew, I can't believe she suggested you give your child eggo's and chicken nuggets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Well that's definitely not vegan.

LOL

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Quoting Casperstalks:

The last time I ate pop tarts, I got my fill of protein as well.. I found a maggot in my pop tart. >.<

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Whole Foods is NOT acceptable. That hippie health-nut stuff is for the birds! Acceptable foods would be: poptarts,pancakes(preferably frozen), lunchables, chips, cookies, gummy bears, etc

Quoting Anonymous:

lol, I am reformed! I'll stock up next time I go shopping. Does that mean a trip to Whole Foods is out of the question?

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Didn't you know eggos and chicken nuggets are two of the major food groups? At *least* two servings recommended daily

Quoting Anonymous:

Ew, I can't believe she suggested you give your child eggo's and chicken nuggets.

Casperstalks
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Called Kellogg's and bitched, got coupons, and proceeded to puke for the next 3 hours. /:

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Quoting Casperstalks:

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Quoting Anonymous:

MollyJmommy
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol sorry but it was funny :D

Quoting melschlegs:

LOL!  Dammit, woman!  I have a cold!  You can't just make me laugh like that!  Sheesh...

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Hey some of those diapers say up to 20lbs that's when you have to change them :D

Quoting kzuehlk:

Next they're going to be telling us we're supposed to change them more than once a day too! Not looking forward to dipping into my beer money to buy diapers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Did your hubs have a good laugh with you?

SLMitchell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh yes.  He had "liked" the original status, so obviously he knew it was a joke (or maybe he is just for the idea of saving a little money on food).  I read him her message, and after staring at the computer quietly for a few moments, he leaned down and whispered:

"I see stupid people."

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Did your hubs have a good laugh with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)