Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have anyone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I married a soldier and got pregnant.i planned to get involved in his units frg. I planned to make friends. I planned to join mom groups. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Well. We've moved every year for 3 yrs. so making friends is hard. I can never find a sitter for frg cuz I never know anyone long enough to trust them with my kids and the groups aren't super kid friendly. Mom groups never seem to accept me cuz the army ones, DH doesn't have enough rank so I'm treated differently and non-army ones all just expect me I leave so no one reaches out to me.
I feel so alone.
I made one friend and I broke it off with her becuse she screamed curse words at her kids and wanted to make margaritas at noon.....
I just don't kno what to do
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:29 AM

ug! me too! (the not being able to make friends) 

Have you tried your local church

LovelyCorrupt
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM
2 moms liked this
U always have us on cafemom. And save urself, the frg is full of bullshit wives that flaunt the soldiers rank. When I was an army wife, I wanted to choke them while screaming "get a job, sofa jockey!!" Needless to say, I didn't have many wife friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:31 AM
No.. I'm not at all religious.
Really... I knew what I was signing up for with DH being gone and all that, I just didn't kno I would be soon it COMPLETELY alone

Quoting EachNewBreath:

ug! me too! (the not being able to make friends) 

Have you tried your local church

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my HELL. This is too true !!!

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

U always have us on cafemom. And save urself, the frg is full of bullshit wives that flaunt the soldiers rank. When I was an army wife, I wanted to choke them while screaming "get a job, sofa jockey!!" Needless to say, I didn't have many wife friends
Eshadowgirl
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM

My friends POOFed...as soon as I got married. Seems I have a life they want, and jealousy go the best of them? I dont know

I just have my 2 doggies, my DH and a couple people that are friends of my DH.

I'm ok with it..but sometimes it would be nice to have galpals....to hang out with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:35 AM
U know. It's just hard moving ALL the time. Uprooting everything and KNOWIG I am going somewhere else just as lonely.
I'm not trying to complain. In really not..
It's just so.... Not me. I'm so social. Loved my friends. And I NEED people.

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

My friends POOFed...as soon as I got married. Seems I have a life they want, and jealousy go the best of them? I dont know

I just have my 2 doggies, my DH and a couple people that are friends of my DH.

I'm ok with it..but sometimes it would be nice to have galpals....to hang out with.

amyleigh80
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:40 AM
You may be lonely right now but you are never alone. It's a period of adjustment honey. If they are going to be assholes then its not worth being friends with them. Maybe look for some mom groups off base? I'm sure they would be supportive of you. Cheer up. Focus on your children and things will fall into place.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:43 AM
I really tried to tell myself that.. But we are getting ready for our 4th move in 4 years and everywhere has been the same

Quoting amyleigh80:

You may be lonely right now but you are never alone. It's a period of adjustment honey. If they are going to be assholes then its not worth being friends with them. Maybe look for some mom groups off base? I'm sure they would be supportive of you. Cheer up. Focus on your children and things will fall into place.
amyleigh80
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Then you can be friends with me. I'm pretty much friendless myself so no matter where you move I will always be in the same place when you need me! Problem solved ; )

Quoting Anonymous:

I really tried to tell myself that.. But we are getting ready for our 4th move in 4 years and everywhere has been the same

Quoting amyleigh80:

zuverlassig2jl
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:47 AM
I wish you the best. I know this sounds wierd, but joining like a running group or getting into another sport that is popular internationally or nationally. There are always athletic groups every where you go who want to get together. Runners will often have like mommy running groups that meet with the kids and go running with their baby joggers together. Its good, and the post workout endorphins do so much for your mood! And there are always sites like this one to share on. You could also start your own millitary wife group, one thats freindly to all millitary wives, and poss does charitable projects involving kids and moms. Take care:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)