Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else go through rough phases in their marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I feel like me and DH are falling apart. We aren't affectionate anymore. It honestly feels like we're just roommates... I feel like I cannot make him happy anymore. I can't even sleep at night because I'm just so miserable. I love him but I feel like it's not the same relationship we had 5 years ago...when we couldn't even keep our hands off each other. I wanted to spend every second of the day with him back then. I just don't know what to do. I feel as though our marriage is doomed right now. Is this just a phase? Or do I need to just accept the fact that we're done and move on?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
6 moms liked this
I think you need to talk to your husband, express your emotions and everything you said up there. Work on your marriage. Hugs.

It happens to most people. Marriage takes work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we hit rough patches. Sometimes I even though I love him. I can't stand to look at him..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasminemomof3
by Mrs. Ali on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm have you guys tried going back to what brought you two together in the first place?
Jasmine

Mother to three beautiful kids, Faith Milany 5-24-06, Alexander 8-11-07, Khaleb Mobin 3-02-10
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Mostly when I am serverly pmsing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM
We've hit rough patches..... recently. The best thing you can do is work through it as a team
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes. Most people do.

Take it upon yourself to start doing little things for him. Try slipping love notes in his coat pocket, write "I love you" on the bathroom mirror in your lipstick, make his favorite desert and suprise him with it.

When you start doing little things like that, it helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:43 AM
We've been thru rough patches too but you have to work on it together. It doesn't just go away one day...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

We traveled a lot together and I honestly miss that. But now we're always working and when we get home, we both do our own thing and go to bed. It's just the same thing every day and I don't know how to take us back to when we were both madly in love with each other.

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

Hmm have you guys tried going back to what brought you two together in the first place?

kbornman21
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I'm not even married yet, but my boyfriend and I just went through a rough phase like this not too long ago. We're fine now, we just have to remember that life comes at us fast and that we have to slow down and create nights for us.

Keep your head up, remember that communication is key.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Marriages go through lots of ups and downs. Sometimes I don't even like my dh at all, then other times it feels like I am totally in love with him this is after 15 yrs of marriage. Marriage is a lot of work .

Maybe, still him down and really talk with him and see if you can come uo with date night plans. I read it's important to have date night 1 time per month.

I would say to try the Love Dare it is a very good book and will help you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)