Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think acrylic nails are trashy.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just had to say it! I think they look really bad!

Edit -So, if you think your nails looks so good with acrylic... then post a pic and let cafe mom be the judge! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
slw123
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I agree! 

BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM

how the hell can anyone function with those! when i was a teen i used to get them and my dh (then we were bf/gf) loved them bc i would scratch his back (over his shirt) but now that i have toddlers i couldn imagine having them. I think the only ones i could get are if they are shorter length  like right to my finger tip and thats it and it would have to be full color. not french. but it costs soooo much!

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I think the neon colored acrylics look trashy too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
I love them. When I get them I get flat white tips but very short. I don't like the long ones
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs

I like them. As long as they aren't super long. Like you're about to claw someones eyes out. Lol.

CafeMom Tickers
LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM
7 moms liked this
Pfft. I just got mine done yesturday....oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I googled pics. Yuck. Why are they all so long and square. Or pointy. And what's with all the bright colored kid designs?
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Some are really pretty but the super long ones arentnails, they're claws.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I've had the same problem. I prefer either all natural or a French manicure for my nails. I spend a lot of time caring for them. I hate when people think they are fake.

Quoting Anariama:

Im alergic to the glue,.so i cant wear anything like that without losing my nails, but i put a lot of time and effort into my own nails and people think they are acrylic sometimes...its quite annoying.

http://www.thenailasaurus.com/ <3 Everyone should have festive finger nails!

SarahsAMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I get asked if my nails are fake a lot because they are so strong and long on their own. I tell them no. I made the mistake of getting fake nails once and it ruined my nails. Will never do it again! Now my mom's nails grow long but aren't strong so she will sometimes get an acrylic overlay on them to make them strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)