Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

breast feeding after 2/3...

Posted by   + Show Post
is a little too long IMO.
once they can tell the difference in gender and whatnot, and can remember things...
i know youre just feeding your child, but you're pulling your breast out annd putting it in their mouth. you dont want your kid to remember that. would you want to remember suckin on your mama's tit?

i know ill get bashed for this btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Then I would recommend you not nurse a child that long.

As for MY children, and MY breasts; s/o is the only person other than my nursling and myself who has any say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't mind if dd remembers bfing. She will be 2 in feb and is obviously not ready to stop yet. I would love to be done, but she isn't ready so that's that. And I don't care what you think really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I breastfed my first son until almost 3, and no he doesn't remember sucking on my boob. He is however healthy, brilliant and a superb athlete. I'm currently breastfeeding my two and a half year old who's also happy and healthy. You're clearly ignorant.
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I don't care what other mothers decide to do with their children, how they raise them is none of my business.  

As for me, 18 months of breastfeeding was always my goal and I nursed my 3rd child right up until he turned 19 months.   That is old enough, and you know what, I am glad I stopped when I did because my 3rd child finally slept through the night when he was completely weaned off the breast.

Rhiannon92
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM
3 moms liked this

It is beneficial, not to mention normal in most places and cultures.. and yes, other developed countries as well. America ( in general ) has some serious issues regarding breastfeeding or "extended" breastfeeding.

There is nothing sexual about me feeding my child. So therefore me putting my "tit" in my toddler's mouth isn't wrong or weird. I remember breastfeeding and it doesn't affect me in the least. I am just happy my mother cared enough and was able to.

You are entitled to your opinion though. Have a Merry Christmas :)

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM
im not trying to be crude, thats just my opinion. its not ignorant, and neither is yours. we just disagree.

Quoting mich.el.le:

I love how all the women who don't support full term/extended bf'ing are so crude about it.  The good thing about your opinion is that it's just an opinion. The bad thing is, it's an ignorant opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting whoopsie16:

im not trying to be crude, thats just my opinion. its not ignorant, and neither is yours. we just disagree.

Quoting mich.el.le:

I love how all the women who don't support full term/extended bf'ing are so crude about it.  The good thing about your opinion is that it's just an opinion. The bad thing is, it's an ignorant opinion.

You're not trying to be crude? Then what do you consider the phrase ''suckin on your mama's tit''? Classy?

And sorry, you're either completely ignorant or you're just a moron for having an opinion that goes against doctor and expert recommendations.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

MorganTho
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her! I'm bfing a 25 month old.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeroslove
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Right on sista lol

Quoting mich.el.le:

aeroslove
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You cant force a baby to drink from a cup/sippy cup. thats how i see it. my son is not Emotionally ready. a child is ready to stop breastfeeding when he can talk and let you know. When he or she can sleep thru the night without needing a breast to nurse. My son is not ready so that means i am not either. he is 2 1/2 years old. it isnt digusting, rape or molesting. Anyone who thinks that is the one with the issues. A breast is intended to nurse a child or more. Cows milk is for baby cows. I dont even feed my kids junk. We are all vegan here. My son is 2 1/2, says a few words but hes one smart child. Just because he doesnt talk in full sentences doesnt mean he doesnt know whats going on. That still doesnt mean hes ready to stop BF. im pretty sure he may stop at 3 in April. Who knows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)