Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast feeding after 2/3...

Posted by   + Show Post
is a little too long IMO.
once they can tell the difference in gender and whatnot, and can remember things...
i know youre just feeding your child, but you're pulling your breast out annd putting it in their mouth. you dont want your kid to remember that. would you want to remember suckin on your mama's tit?

i know ill get bashed for this btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (101-110):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM

it is. 
formula doesn't retard the growth of bacteria, formula doesn't heal, formula isn't used in the treatment of burns.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What's your point my formula fed dd never had a drop of antibiotics until she was around 6,  no matter what you think boobie juice isn't something magical but if it makes you feel better to think that then go on with your bad self!

Quoting Allinorder:

I breast fed my son till 3. The world health organization reccomends 3 btw. A child's immune system isn't fully mature till3. Funny thing my 3 year old is very healthy and has never had a single drop of antibiotics. Btw my son had a horrible diaper rash and nothing took his diaper rash away until I squirted breast milk on my son' s bum. His rash went away 3 days after that.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My point IS breast milk is made for babies. It has everything a child needs.Formula will never be as good as Breastmilk. The formula industry admits this fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's your point my formula fed dd never had a drop of antibiotics until she was around 6,  no matter what you think boobie juice isn't something magical but if it makes you feel better to think that then go on with your bad self!

Quoting Allinorder:

I breast fed my son till 3. The world health organization reccomends 3 btw. A child's immune system isn't fully mature till3. Funny thing my 3 year old is very healthy and has never had a single drop of antibiotics. Btw my son had a horrible diaper rash and nothing took his diaper rash away until I squirted breast milk on my son' s bum. His rash went away 3 days after that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Clearly its my own fucking opinion just like you have your "reasons" for continuing....I'm not DICTATING shit. And I said "defending" because like comment you just made your getting DEFENSIVE about it if people don't agree. If your not doing it for selfish or BS reasons then enlighten me. It wont change my opinion on it but I'm interested to hear your side.

Quoting autodidact:

defend to whom?    whothefuck are you to dictate to me or expect me to justify how I raise my kids? 

early weaning nazis, I swear.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I kind of agree. Idc how much they try to defend their position I still solely think they do it because they mentally can't "let go". Theres no reason for it.

breast is best! Well yes but lets face it its not their main source of nutrients anymore...time to stop once they are eligible for preschool.

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

yet another who has to use the word "tit" to make BFing sound Bad......so predictable

QuickMomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:21 PM
This subject is old,Fail!
imuney
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Ive never thought of it that way. No I wouldnt want to remember that!!! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

It does look weird to see an older child 2 1/2 and up, 3 yrs old, 4 yrs old with a breast in his/her mouth.

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was breastfed until he was two years old; his mother weaned him quickly because she became pregnant, again. My husband says he cannot remember being breastfed, but his uncles and aunts (who are still alive) told him about it.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM

When they have teeth, I'm done.

Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Baby cows should drink cow milk and humans should drink human milk. Why is it gross to some people? I can never understand that logic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured