Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas, sigh.

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 50 Replies
This is the first year we aren't seeing family. Too broke to travel. It just doesn't feel like Christmas. Even the kids aren't excited.
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

supermom985
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Doesn't feel like Christmas here either . Dh is offshore at work and ill only see my mom for a few hours tonight when she brings the kids gifts , Christmas Day it will just be me and the kids :( 

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Aw. Maybe you can do something special and fun together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM
It doesn't feel like Christmas here either. We are seeing family but I just don't have the spirit :-/
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quoting supermom985:

Doesn't feel like Christmas here either . Dh is offshore at work and ill only see my mom for a few hours tonight when she brings the kids gifts , Christmas Day it will just be me and the kids :( 

Dh is here, but he has the flu. It's just blah.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I'm not seeing my side of the family this year either. They are 18 hours away by car, 5 by plane and I'm pregnant. It's too far to travel.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Quoting baquick:

It doesn't feel like Christmas here either. We are seeing family but I just don't have the spirit :-/

I'm kind of upset too, I wasn't able to stuff the tree with presents this year. I hope we both cheer up.
ShesALady
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM
My kids are with their dad this year for Christmas so I'm definitely not feeling it. I won't get them until about 4:30 on Christmas.
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Quoting wkukid:

I'm not seeing my side of the family this year either. They are 18 hours away by car, 5 by plane and I'm pregnant. It's too far to travel.

Hugs! I'm sooo used to the twelve hour car ride followed by frantic scrambling from house to house. Then the very squished twelve hour ride back with Christmas presents in every nook. Sigh.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM
The past couple months I've been buying stuff and thought that I had a ton of stuff. Pulled it out to wrap it last night and realized I only had 5-6 outfits and 4 other things :-/ I was a little disappointed cause I just knew I had a bunch of stuff lol.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting baquick:

I'm kind of upset too, I wasn't able to stuff the tree with presents this year. I hope we both cheer up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN