Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spent $72.21 on stocking candy with my ebt card......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For three kids but it's all good cause that's just pocket change to me. I still have $1,612 on my card and get more on the 2nd of January. However, I coupon and stock up on sales so they have rolled over. Not to mention I've been buying presents off and on all year so we are all set!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
MariannLws
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

You didn't hit CVS for their Hersey Bagged Candy? 

You could have gotten a lot of candy for so much less money. If you have ECBs left over from previous weeks your candy will be free. Plus all the free filler Christmas Candy at Walgreens. 

Links from thekrazycouponlady.com

Hershey’s Holiday Assorted Candy, 7.8-15 oz $3.00sale price through 12/24 
Buy 3, Receive $2.00 ExtraBucks, through 12/24, Limit 1
Use $2.50/2  - Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates, 12oz+ or Two Pouches of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Minis, 8oz+ – (cvs.com)
Or $2.00/2 - Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s, Hershey’s Nuggets, Hershey’s Miniatures, Rolo or York, or Hershey’s Bliss Bags, 7.8 oz or Larger - (hersheys.com) if included
Or $1.10/2 – Hershey’s Chocolate Bags, 7.8 oz or Larger – (coupons.com) if included
Or $2.00/2 Hersheys Bliss Chocolates, 8.6 oz Bags or larger, Manufacturer Coupon from CVS RIB Magazine, Winter 2012 (exp 12/31) if included
Or $2.00/2 Hersheys Kisses Brand Milk Chocolate, 8.6 oz Bags, Manufacturer Coupon from CVS RIB Magazine, Winter 2012 (exp 12/31) if included
Or $1.50/2 Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s, Rolo York, Hershey’s Nuggets, Hershey’s Miniatures or Hershey’s Bliss from SS 12/9 (exp 12/25)
Or $1.00/2 Hershey’s Baking Melts, Heath or Reese’s Baking Chips, 8 oz or larger from SS 11/11 (exp 12/31)
Or $1.00/2 Hershey’s Kisses Bags, 9.4 oz or larger from SS 11/11 (exp 12/31)
Pay $7.00, Receive $2.00 ExtraBucks
Final Price: $1.25 each, when you buy 4

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Glad my tax dollars are hard at work.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I thought they took it after a certain amount of time if you don't spend it all? 

Country_Momma89
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Depends on  the state, in Texas it stays on the card until you use it.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Congrats.

You know after 3 months they remove it from your card right?

:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I buy the sunday paper just for coupons and rarely find stuff I buy. I don't have a printer so I can't cut from online. I try to shop sales, buy storebrand, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I use coupons, stock up on sales, plan meals around sales...

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow what are your tricks? Theres never any left on mine.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

HOLY BALLS! $72 in candy? That's not pocket change, that's diabetes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Don't know what state you're in, but where I live, they take away what you don't spend at the end of the month.

My X dil is ignorant like that, uses the link card for her Halloween party food, gets aid to attend school. It just kills me that this generation thinks the world owes them food, an education, free daycare. I mean shit, we had to ask for assistance a couple of times when we needed it when dh was injured, but this is the kind that ruins it for everyone. We are proud to pay for our own needs/wants, not mooch just cuz  we can. Congrats on your sense of entitlement, Mom must be proud.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

I ate fudge. It was yummy.

aw, and you didnt share? i want fudge too!

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM
You sound so proud of not being able to provide for your family on your own. What an example to your kids. I can see if people need help but you obviously don't if you are buying candy instead of food. Hope santa puts a case of tooth paste in the stockings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilJenn82
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

couldnt agree with u any better :-)

Quoting Sarahb21:

HOLY BALLS! $72 in candy? That's not pocket change, that's diabetes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN