Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Humiliating.

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am 27 years old and a mother of three. In the last two days my face has broken out in multiple spots. I haven't had acne like this for years! I go back to work in about a week. Anyone have any great advice about breaking out as an adult? Any remedies that have worked wonders for you? 

Sorry I am being brief. Typing on my IPad.

by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No joke- anti bacterial soap & a very light face lotion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Tea tree oil. It's a natural disinfectant and it is amazing. I used to buy mine at body shop but they sell it at GNC and other health food stores. I was weary of oil for breakouts but it works (google it)
702girly
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM

You can get anti-acne face lotion. Clean and Clear makes one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

my sister is the same way. she deals with adult acne. =( nothing OTC worked for her so she's looking into proactive now

SadeAyosmom
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

i am also 27 with the odd zit mine is from my birth control im on the mini pill while breastfeeding.

i hate looking like this tho :/

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Best Acne Treatment of 2012

Our team has spent months researching the ingredients and formulas of the top acne treatments. The chart below shows you what we discovered. We hope this information helps you choose the best product for your skin. Be sure to read the product reviews before buying anything, and always buy directly from the product manufacturer.

Our team wishes you luck in your path towards clearer skin!

Acne Treatments Comparison Chart:

Exposed Review

Zenmed Review

ClearPores Review

Proactiv Review

Overall Score
SCIENTIFIC ACTIVES & Skin Repairing Ingredients:
Benzoyl Peroxide
Kills Acne Bacteria
Salicylic Acid 
Unclogs Pores
Glycolic Acid
Renews Skin
NATURAL EXTRACTS Proven to Heal Skin:
Green Tea
Kills Acne Bacteria
Passion Flower
Reduces Inflammation
Aloe Vera
Soothes Irritated Skin
Sage Extract
Fights Free Radicals
Tea Tree
Improves Skin Healing
Customer Reviews
CompanyExposedZenMedClearPoresProactiv
Effective For:
Normal Skin
Combination Skin
Sensitive Skin
Oily Skin
Price 
(60-day supply)
$49.95$79.97$53.99$39.95
Full Review
Official WebsiteVisit Exposed SiteVisit Zenmed SiteVisit ClearPores SiteVisit Proactiv Site

There is always that point in your life when you feel like giving up while looking at your face in front of the mirror. This may also be the same reason for you to shy away from people, even your friends who are your most trusted buddies. It’s not actually a fear of facing reality with acne. It is actually a loss of self-esteem that bugs you.

You have to accept that 40 to 50 million people in America are affected by acne, as stated by the American Association of Dermatology. If we have to put things on the proper perspective, we can say that at least half of these individuals who battled it out with this skin condition may have sought the best acne treatment. The remaining percentage may have done nothing about it.

When you take things the proper way, that is the proper perspective, of course you will seek for the right acne treatment to suit your needs. Don’t end up grumbling about the condition without doing anything about it.

Your Acne Treatment Options

Many times, you have heard that the foods you eat may instigate acne formation. While it is a probable factor, which means you have to evade eating them, it is not real cause to acne formation. Your clogged pores might just be the real culprit and you have to do something about it.

Your acne treatment options start with proper skin care regimen. Cleaning your face is important. When doing that, you have to make sure you rub gently especially on the affected part. There’s no use to scouring the area as if you are cleaning your pots and pans. Massage the mild non-comedogenic soap in a circular motion and your skin will thank you for doing so. After cleansing your skin, you just have to tone and moisturize.

Well, we can also include the more expensive options when it comes to clearing your face from acne. You can embrace a whole lot of procedures including laser peels that work on peeling the skin to remove deep-seated dirt and to show the way to a suppler look. Such treatments require a couple of sessions though and before you know it your bank account has already been drained. If you have more than enough money though, you can always opt for these treatments but make sure they are done only by experts you can rely on.

Acne Treatment Systems

Acne treatment systems or kits maybe the better choice these days though. Consider the fact that these kits include a series of products which can actually help you from the cleansing to the moisturizing process. Since these products were made to complement each other, you will no longer have a hard time running from one store to another to check on a particular brand of product that will moisturize your skin.

Acne treatment systems are not easy to choose though. You may have difficulty when it comes to choosing them. Come to think of the fact that they come in plenty of brand names, each asserting to help with your acne problem.

Eliminate all these issues in making a choice of the best acne treatment system. We at bestacnetreatmentadvice.org have made sure you will have an easier time selecting an item that will work for your favor. With our reviews, you will not have a hard time anymore.

We have used several factors in drafting the best choices you can have for these acne treatment systems. We have assessed the product’s ingredients alongside its effectiveness and how it delivers the benefits you want for acne-free skin. We have also assessed the price and have seen to it that you will get the best value for your money’s worth. Overall value of the product does matter to us and we know it matters to you as well.

Using these factors, we came up with the top 3 acne treatment systems that you can make use of.

Teacher101
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Tea tree oil. It's a natural disinfectant and it is amazing. I used to buy mine at body shop but they sell it at GNC and other health food stores. I was weary of oil for breakouts but it works (google it)

Is it expensive? I'm on a limited budget.

xtina8817
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Put some toothpaste on the affected areas before you go to sleep. No joke. The fluoride will dry it up with a few treatments.
KeriAZ
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I use to use proactive. Worked great
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN