Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do we find a mom that is considering adoption?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did anyone find a baby through a friend of a freind of a friend.....or on the internet?

We are looking........for someone who may be looking for us! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM
My cousins adopted a friends, nieces baby. The girl was 16 and her uncle called my cousin to ask if he was interested in the baby. The girl has no clue to this day, that the baby is so close to her family, yet so far away. She lives in Florida, and the child is in NY.
Here is the wrong place to be asking for a baby though. Your post will go poof.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yes, we have an attorney.....(my husband is one as well...) we have a website, we advertise on Craigslist....we have put the word out on Facebook....now just waiting.  A woman said she made connections (7 in total) here.....just not sure how that could be.:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

There was a post up a little while ago about a woman and her husband backing out of an adoption.....maybe that baby is still available?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Yes....I imagine at times there ARE random connections made, that is what I am talking about....:)

Do you know when/where the post is about the family not adopting a particicular baby?  Our attorney said you find your 'connection' and it just happens....divine intervention.  In the meantime, we are putting the word out, wherever we see an opportunity.:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

This is our video of our family.:)

birthmama2009
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

As a birth mom, I went to an agency. I personally used Catholic Charities

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Thank you Birthmamma....:) Agencies cost $25,000 to $50,000 to adopt through them....hopefully by searching privately, we can keep our cost down, AND allow more expenses to be pain directly to the expecting mom. Actually only 20% of adoptions still happen with the aid of an agency. Yes, Catholic services is the real deal....non profit and helps directly with the expecting mom.....but they are all full, with zero wait lists. We have had already three connections through friends and church, just not the right one yet!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

BUMP!

paige8608
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Try the Penny Saver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)