Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else do this with their child's coat in the morning?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have to get my son up early in the morning to get on the bus to head to preschool. I always wait until the last minute to leave and go to the bus stop because it still dark and its usually windy/cold and rainy. I DO NOT have time to argue with my son and make him put his coat on. Instead I carry the coat and wait until he asks me for it before putting it on. We never make it past the driveway before he wants it, but it just saves so much time!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I occasionally do the same. I'm educated on illness and disease, and have a logical understanding that cold doesn't equal sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

well here yes. i have. when DD was starting kindergarten she felt she didnt need a coat. and after weeks of fighting, i finally said 'fine be cold then' 

now we live in arizona. at that time, phoenix. the coldest it has gotten so far this winter is in the 40s over night. during the day its usually 60s. she has jeans and a long sleeve shirt on. she wont die without a coat. (even though i still want her to take it) 

it took about 2 days for her to finally just stop arguing about it and take her coat to school lol. 

however, in other places, like where i grew up, where the temps drop below 0, and stay below 30 all day, there would be NO ARGUMENT. it would be WEAR THE COAT. 

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
No arguments here...Put the coat on because I said to. I'm the boss applesauce:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabiiYarellie
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I make her put a coat on before going outside.. Idk... Im just afraid of getting her sick. So the coat goes on she likes it or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, my son has ODD and would argue with me forever about the weather so instead I ask if he wants it and if he says no I carry it because I know he will ask for it.  I also take the clothes that aren't appropriate for the weather out of his closet so I don't get an arguement about what he wants to wear (usually shorts in the winter).

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

No. Both of my children are the exact opposite from your child. The WANT to have a jacket on before we leave the house. Not only that, but they demand that it has a zipper and a hood on it. LOL :)

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM
No. I say put your coat on, and she puts her coat on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM

yeah i let my DD 4 yrs she dresses herself then i bring the weather appropriate clothes with me.

she says she is cold then lets me put on the clothes i have. no arguments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM
No...my kids know what is expected of them and they do it! Same with my daycare kids. I really have no issues. The parents on the other hand have a different story.
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I drive my son to school so he doesn't always put his coat on before we get in the car. (It's in garage.)  He has no problem putting it on when he's getting it out to go to school.  It's never been an issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)