Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ds lost all his toys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
6 moms liked this
That's right he is 2 1/2. He lost all his toys in the living room for not picking up. It started with his blocks he decided he didn't want to pick up. So after 15 minutes his game system grandma got him for Christmas was also gone and he still had to pick up the blocks. Then he didn't want to pick up his wooden train tracks. Well 1/2 hour into that after he lost that and his dump truck. I told he when he got up in the morning all his toys in the living room where gone for 2 days. His toys in his room has to stay in his room. He will pick up for everyone but me and daddy I don't think so mommy will win this war.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I'm not sure he can comprehend that long of time, but I agree taking them for the evening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
10 moms liked this
My son is 3 and doesn't know how to pick up toys alone. We do it together because he always gets distracted. There is no way he would understand those consequences
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
This

Quoting mem82:

I'm not sure he can comprehend that long of time, but I agree taking them for the evening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Okay then. 

bri2011
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Teach him cleaning up is fun and make a game outta it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM
He can he has lost his train track for 3 days before and on day 3 told me and daddy I get train back today.

Quoting mem82:

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I'm bout to do that to my 2and 4 yr old. I'm sick of stepping on hot wheels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM
10 moms liked this
I think you know this is a bit drastic that's why you posted it on cafemom and under anonymous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Make it fun have him "help" you. He's to young do understand fully and deserves to play with his toys, after all he's still 2
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What I would start doing, is implementing a rule that any toys not picked up are taken away. It creates more of an understanding of WHY the toy was taken away. Kids that small don't always correlate the reason, and they rarely correlate the reason several days later.

Given his age, it's a bit lengthy and harsh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)