Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o: do you make ur children ask for

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Food? Im just wondering, I dont see how a child taking food is considered stealing
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Replies (171-180):
mxracers
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
No silly thats considered not listening....

Quoting Anonymous:

IF A CHILD IS TOLD 'NO' YOU CAN'T EAT THAT BEFORE DINNER, AND THE CHILD TAKES IT AND EATS IT ANYWAYS, THAT IS CONSIDERED STEALING...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my kids have to ask permission for certain things....they know what snacks they have free range on, but other stuff not in the snack cabinet they have to ask for that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM
My kids ask for the food but i mist monitor what my middle child eats she can't tell when she full so all ask to be fair also so the middle child don't feel different from the siblings
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This or my son will come to me and tell me that he is hungry. He does go into the fridge but he knows that he must ask before getting anything.

Quoting lapcounter:

I don't make them, but they do come ask if they want something because they have manners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Of course. Even my dh asks for most things.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM
The only thing my son has to ask for is chips or candy. Healthy stuff. Free range. And no. I do not consider sneaking food to be stealing. I think some one has to be disturbed to consider it stealing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slayerslegacy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM
No, my son is free to help himself if he is hungry. The food in my home belongs to all of us. You can't steal something that is yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

They ask but I never say no. My children eat when they're hungry only. It's a good way to live. They're all healthy weights. Just because a parent thinks a child shouldn't be hungry doesn't mean the child isn't feeling hunger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM

My children are 4 and 2.  They aren't allowed in the kitchen without an adult.  I ask them what they want if they ask for a snack.  For lunch or breakfast I give them a few options.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Depends on the situation/child.

If I tell you no, you cannot have that, then they take it anyway. That's disobeying. If it's intended for someone/something else, and they take it anyway that is stealing. Like my cordial blueberries in my room, that is stealing. And rude when you have a whole stocking of candy. 

All of my kids have to ask before they get anything, but it's more to make sure that what they want isn't for something else or to keep track of exactly how many cheese sticks the little one has made off with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)