Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's clear up a misconception: not everyone on PA is lazy

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 275 Replies
24 moms liked this

Honestly these posts about lazy people on PA is driving me a bit nuts.

Why?  Because I know many people on PA who work their asses off and still can't make ends meet. 

Right now DH and I are on WIC, food stamps and heat assistance.  Why?  Because he has cancer and can't work and I lost my job due to state budget cuts.  We are both disabled veterans and when we looked at the economy and how things are going we decided that we should go back to school.  So we are both full time students in college so that we can make the future better for our family.  While we are doing that we need a bit of extra help mainly until DH is finally approved by the VA for disability.

I have a friend who is also on PA.  She is currently working 4 jobs (2 seasonal and 2 part time).  She works her ass off but still can't make ends meet so she has WIC and food stamps.  She also goes to school part time.

I know many hard working people who just can't seem to make ends meet in this economy.  They are either working hard on getting their education and they are working hard in multiple jobs or working full time.  

You can't judge every situation just by seeing one side of it.  Things such for a lot of people in today's world.  

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Word!
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM
6 moms liked this
People like you need it and deserve it. There are a lot of people that abuse the system and use it as a lifestyle without bettering their situation. Those are the people that are lazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

i agree and it is sad that so many women on here talk outloud about how they are abusing the system and proud of that ----  honestly no one needs to know your plight in life and keeping it to ones self is a better method of containing the spread of "how to" on abuse for our Gov't aid programs.  

those programs do so many deserving families so much good - it burns me to hear first hand from the abusers how genius they are for getting what they do and how they use it --- nothing to be proud about.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM
8 moms liked this

I think that the women who come here and proclaim they are abusing the system are honestly trolls.  They know it will work people up.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

It's a stereotype, and just like every stereotype it's true for some but not all. *shrugs*

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I agree with you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love coffee, I am all for the legalization of Marijuana. Coffee is the bomb, I love to read & I collect books, I drink lots of coffee, I have a new found love for cooking new things and trying new recipes, I like my coffee. The first thing that attracted me to my husband of 20 + years was the way he and only he can make me laugh, he also LOVES coffee. We have 2 gorgeous sons & we have 4 dogs (1 of which LOVES coffee & will beg for it), a few cats & a pet snake (cats and snake don't do coffee). Our sons are my everything, they like coffee too. I love to hike the beaten path with my guys, canoe, camp, & just be goofy. Did I mention I love coffee??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Stereotypes exist for a reason. Pat yourself on the back for not perpetuating this one.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Many of us only know those on welfare that take advantage, so that is what we see and know and I tend to believe what I see more than what I am told on the Web.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree love!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by SakePrincess on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting blues_pagan:

I think that the women who come here and proclaim they are abusing the system are honestly trolls.  They know it will work people up.

There are many women on this forum who are extremely immature.  It's scary that they are moms.  Calling them trolls is kinder than what I think of them lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN