Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's clear up a misconception: not everyone on PA is lazy

Posted by   + Show Post

Honestly these posts about lazy people on PA is driving me a bit nuts.

Why?  Because I know many people on PA who work their asses off and still can't make ends meet. 

Right now DH and I are on WIC, food stamps and heat assistance.  Why?  Because he has cancer and can't work and I lost my job due to state budget cuts.  We are both disabled veterans and when we looked at the economy and how things are going we decided that we should go back to school.  So we are both full time students in college so that we can make the future better for our family.  While we are doing that we need a bit of extra help mainly until DH is finally approved by the VA for disability.

I have a friend who is also on PA.  She is currently working 4 jobs (2 seasonal and 2 part time).  She works her ass off but still can't make ends meet so she has WIC and food stamps.  She also goes to school part time.

I know many hard working people who just can't seem to make ends meet in this economy.  They are either working hard on getting their education and they are working hard in multiple jobs or working full time.  

You can't judge every situation just by seeing one side of it.  Things such for a lot of people in today's world.  

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Replies (271-275):
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lalaboosh:

I know, I know the horror of working AND attending school. Who would ever think it????

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karisma22
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Many people who work receive PA.  Wal Mart employee receive over 2 billion dollars in public assistance each year.  

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM

you are so right... instead... all people on PA are just wonderful as hell and full of fucking talent

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Its statistically shown that most do not abuse pa. Most are on it two years and then are able to get back on their feet. It is a horrible misconception that was put out there years ago and that is what sticks. I'm not denying there are people who abuse it. But the majority is not on pa forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM

If you spend a bunch of time posting on here and you can't pay your bills, I think you're lazy. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN