Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I have a "confession"

I have anxiety really bad.....it may not even be that....it might be PTSD from my previous marriage (awful)

anyway.....I drink because of it. Not heavily. Not all day. But after the kids go to bed I sit down and have a few glasses of wine almost every night or a beer or two.

i just can't seem to handle some of the stresses in my life.

like my SO today is coming to see me when he gets doen with work and staying the night here at the house which is wonderful. and he has to stop by and give his ex gf money (they are on the same phone plan still....i know....sigh...) and he asked me if I would mind if he stayed for just a few minutes to catch up with her and see her daughter (he raised her daughter for a good year and a half and got really attached)

i trust him...he's never given me reason not to...but because of my ex stepping out on me the entire 5 years we were married this situation causes me to have a great deal of anxiety.

:(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Maybe you need some medication, at least temporarily, until you get the tools to deal with your stresses.  I would be concerned if I was using alcohol to self-medicate because you know where that road leads.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Smoke a bowl. Get some "fuck it" all up in your system
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I know...I have alchoholics in my family. And I really hate "self medicating" but  I dont have insurance to see my psychiatrist/psychologist again at the moment....and i'm too poor to get private insurance but i make too much money to get help at the local community mental health center. :/

i know it's bad.....i try to keep a handle on it...i'm not out boozing every night and i do set myself a limit because i'm not about to get trashed alone at home with my kids sleeping ya know? just in case something were to happen. Sigh.....

Quoting anotherhalf:

Maybe you need some medication, at least temporarily, until you get the tools to deal with your stresses.  I would be concerned if I was using alcohol to self-medicate because you know where that road leads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I honestly wish i could right now.....lol

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Why can't you?

On another note I have ridiculous anxiety. I was on Zoloft and it worked really well. I felt human again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Because I dont have any. Lol. My SO does I'm sure though...he'll be here soon.

I used to be on zoloft for my anxiety and it didn't even touch it....it just seemed to make me more OCD about everything. it was weird. :/ my body is really strange with meds and i've been on almost everyone of them for anxiety/ocd/depression. the only thing that helped was xanax but that stuff is sooo strong. it works but i just couldnt imagine being on xanax ALL the time. i'd be a zombie

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Why can't you?

On another note I have ridiculous anxiety. I was on Zoloft and it worked really well. I felt human again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Welp weed it is.

tell bf how you feel. Let him know you dont intend for him to change his behavior. Its just how you feel. Explain to him that after years of being stepped out on its an underlying fear. With any luck you got a good one and he will reassure you there is nothing to worry about. With his dick........
Ha ha jk

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I dont have any. Lol. My SO does I'm sure though...he'll be here soon.

I used to be on zoloft for my anxiety and it didn't even touch it....it just seemed to make me more OCD about everything. it was weird. :/ my body is really strange with meds and i've been on almost everyone of them for anxiety/ocd/depression. the only thing that helped was xanax but that stuff is sooo strong. it works but i just couldnt imagine being on xanax ALL the time. i'd be a zombie

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Why can't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

ms_davis
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM

i had/have anxiety. my doctor gave me xanax in case an attack hit, but for daily use i was on paxil. it worked. i took myself off after about 3 months. that was about a year ago. but now i've had 2 attacks within 8 weeks so i may need to get back on.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:13 AM

St Johns Wort helps with anxiety, relora helps to block cortisol (the stress hormone)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured