Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And that's why we don't play with doors!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 6 year log got her finger smashed in the door because they where screwing around. She will be losing that finger mail and sure it hurts like hell. I'm trying to get her to keep ice on it but she says it still hurts really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM
The doctor can't do anything for it she can bend her finger nothing is broken they would tell me to ice it and give her Motrin not Much else you can do. I doubt the doctor would drill a hole in her nail in their office.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg I'd be taking her in!!!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

No that's the bruise under her nail. Yeah she smashed it good

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not blue nail polish???

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah I have her a little Motrin hopefully it will work soon. When I first looked I thought it was nail polish. Poor kid I know it hurts. I thought about having hubby put a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure but her nails are so thin and I think she would freak out if we tried.

Quoting emptyreliquary:

That always sucks!!!! Yup, its a badge of childhood. Maybe some pain reliever will help a little with the pain. I hate that, I hope i never get my fingernail hit by a door again. I think I was a kid the last time it happened. Now she knows the importance of fingernails at least....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Ouch!!

Not too long ago I dropped a wooden bench on my big toe. Hurt like CRAZY. Good thing is, it broke the nail at the cuticle, so I didn't have to worry about relieving pressure. Bad thing is, it's now growing out, most of my nail is hanging off and it gets caught on my socks and shoes. And it's incredibly ugly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emptyreliquary
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Oh...."googles it" yikes, apparently it is good for relieving pain, some people heat up a straightened paper clip with a lighter and burn a hole into the nail. o_0. Good luck, hope her finger stops hurting soon!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah hubby smashes his infers all the time at work and he says it makes it feel better right away. He uses a tiny drill bit to make the hole.

Quoting emptyreliquary:

I've heard you are supposed to do that, but I've never had the guts to try it either. It lets the blood out right?

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah I have her a little Motrin hopefully it will work soon. When I first looked I thought it was nail polish. Poor kid I know it hurts. I thought about having hubby put a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure but her nails are so thin and I think she would freak out if we tried.

Quoting emptyreliquary:

That always sucks!!!! Yup, its a badge of childhood. Maybe some pain reliever will help a little with the pain. I hate that, I hope i never get my fingernail hit by a door again. I think I was a kid the last time it happened. Now she knows the importance of fingernails at least....

aimlee
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM

ouch poor little girl :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Take a needle or safety pin and heat it with a lighter until it looks red then touch the fingernail. It will go right through and bring instant relief. She's in pain because of the pressure under the nail. Btw- I'm a nurse. Do not waste your time taking her to the doctor for something you can safely do at home.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM
poor darling :( hugs to her
Caitlin1983
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM
She needs to have it drained. Take her to the doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I knew a toddler who got their finger chopped 3/4 of the way off due to a door.

Doors are freakin'  scary :(

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought about that but I'm afraid she will freak out and not let me do it plus I'm also afraid I will go to fare making the hole since I can't feel it myself. I'm going to just let it go and see it she's better in the morning if its still bad I will try to make a hole.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take a needle or safety pin and heat it with a lighter until it looks red then touch the fingernail. It will go right through and bring instant relief. She's in pain because of the pressure under the nail. Btw- I'm a nurse. Do not waste your time taking her to the doctor for something you can safely do at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Aww poor girl.  We tell our kids over and over not to play with the doors.  They get so excited when they play that they slam them behind them.  How many time do I have to f*cking say it, lol.  Kids like to learn the hard way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)