Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever gotten pregnant while using birth control? **NEGATIVE!!!***

Poll

Question: Have you ever gotten pregnant while using birth control?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 770

View Results

Kind of freaking out here. I EBF my 3 month old, so my birth control options were limited. I started Jolivette in addition to using condoms. I have to take it at the exact same time every night for it to work properly. Well, I was 15-30 minutes late a couple of days, and now I'm late. The one time we didn't use a condom we had a little accident. I love the idea of having 3 children, but not NOW.

I'm waiting until Sunday to take a test, just in case, but I can't help hearing this voice in the back of my head telling me how screwed I am.

My family would never let me live this down. They were so unsupportive of us having a second kid.

It's Sunday! Thought I would update everyone. Dh is on his way home from work and is bringing me a pregnancy test and a refill on my bc. I'm officially a week late. Fingers crossed that I can still put that birth control to good use! If not, then I'll count my blessings and adapt as always. Thanks for all of the support, and WOW at the poll ratings!

Update!!!! Sorry for not updating sooner. I thought I did, but apprently not. I tested negative, so now I can add to the pitiful 49% who have had success with birth control. ;) The poll results were interesting to say the least!

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Replies (341-350):
ddwifeone
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Not personally.  A friend of mine has three kids; the second and third were both pill babies.  She came to find out with the third one that the pill manufacturer had put out a bad batch.  Oops.

lilkat559
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Orotho tri something (forgot the whole name) it's a pill, took daily no misses, always same time and was not on antibiotics. Used condom, it broke and we got pregnant. Only AFTER the pregnancy was confirmed did my doctor tell me that pill wasn't tested that much on overweight women and told me because I was on it so long my body could have become immune to it...?! I LOVE my daughter very much, but couldn't they tell me everything to begin with!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
captaincw322
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Quoting erinsmom1964:

I apologize, i should have been more clear in my response. I didnt mean the only reason its requested that you wait after having a baby is because of the fertility, i also should have mentioned the healing factor. I meant that for me personally, it would have been scary to get pregnant at 4 weeks, after having a csection with my daughter, nothing against you for having done it.
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I got pregnant while using the pill and the Nuvaring...

atozmom5
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quoting eviesmom453:

No. And I don't believe 99% of the moms on here that claim they did.

Why would they lie? They may just be a part of that theorhetical 1-2% that got pregant on hormonal bc and are letting everyone know that it's not just a statictic, that it happens to REAL people. And women are all different. Some women have had mutiple kids on the pill and others struggle to have even one, many without success. Maybe you're afraid the same will happen to you and are more comfortable calling these women liars.

scfelisme
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My cousin's wife got pregnant while on the pill after their first child was a little uner 1 yrs old. They ended up having twins...

aheasley
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Yes,

I know this will sound strange, but without the pill I would have never been a mom. The only time I was able to conceive was when I was on the pill. I was very irregular. It help normalize my hormones enough so that I could get pregnant.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Yep DD1 was a 'honeymoon' baby even though my DH was not my first partner (or my 1st fiancé) and I always took my BC correctly, no interfering meds etc. DD2 was planned and I am pregnant now w/ our 3rd child who is/was also planned. Traditional hormonal BC isn't for me as I've since found out I have some issues/problems so I have been and will continue using an IUD and the like although hubby says he doesn't mind getting himself 'fixed' since we plan on being done now lol. And for the ones saying the failure rate is only so high on here, obviously it worked for those who don't have kids yet! Lol. And they aren't saying it was every single pregnancy so really it's still less than even 100%... Plus I doubt they would fess up especially to someone who seems so judgy!! Personally I was using one that others have said also failed for them but I know my problems r specific to me though I've also tried several others that ppl have said they used as well so I guess they could have just as easily failed too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM
How might a condom be defective if used porperly? And only way is breaking, and that would mean it's faulty lol!! Theres three types of bc you used condoms spermicide and depo wow you must of beat the odds lol! Sounds like someone was trying to get pregnant.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting Anonymous:

So sperm magically got into your vagina?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

i got pregnant while using depo and condoms

are you seriously that dense you cant figure out that the condom was defective?

atozmom5
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting VarelaClan:

Nope. Don't use bc. Natural family planning here.

Couples who use NFP have a 1% divorce rate instead of the usual 50%. Oh...and more and more studies are surfacing about the connection between hormonal bc and pre-menopausal breast cancer. The research is being hushed up just like the studies about cigarettes were at first. Oh...and hormonal bc is only successful in preventing ovulation about 2/3rds of the time. The other times it just prevents implantation or causes a miscaariage so early the woman was unaware she was pregnant. 

FYI...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)