Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever gotten pregnant while using birth control? **NEGATIVE!!!***

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 520 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever gotten pregnant while using birth control?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 770

View Results

Kind of freaking out here. I EBF my 3 month old, so my birth control options were limited. I started Jolivette in addition to using condoms. I have to take it at the exact same time every night for it to work properly. Well, I was 15-30 minutes late a couple of days, and now I'm late. The one time we didn't use a condom we had a little accident. I love the idea of having 3 children, but not NOW.

I'm waiting until Sunday to take a test, just in case, but I can't help hearing this voice in the back of my head telling me how screwed I am.

My family would never let me live this down. They were so unsupportive of us having a second kid.

It's Sunday! Thought I would update everyone. Dh is on his way home from work and is bringing me a pregnancy test and a refill on my bc. I'm officially a week late. Fingers crossed that I can still put that birth control to good use! If not, then I'll count my blessings and adapt as always. Thanks for all of the support, and WOW at the poll ratings!

Update!!!! Sorry for not updating sooner. I thought I did, but apprently not. I tested negative, so now I can add to the pitiful 49% who have had success with birth control. ;) The poll results were interesting to say the least!

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

i got pregnant while using depo and condoms

Mcelly
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM
9 moms liked this

i got pregnant with my 4th child while on the pill , but atleast it was finally a boy , i always wanted a little blond haired blue eyed boy , and i got one !

Tinkerbellmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Yes. My youngest DD was concieved while I was on the mini pill AND exclusively breastfeeding middle DD. They're 16 month and 1 week apart.

ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

How old was your youngest at the time? What was your reaction?

Quoting beachbabies6:

i got pregnant with my 4th child while on the pill , but atleast it was finally a boy , i always wanted a little blond haired blue eyed boy , and i got one !

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant on the mini-pill

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM
21 moms liked this

Only on CM is the BC failure rate at 150%. 

To answer your question.  NO.  And it hasn't for anyone else I know irl either.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM
13 moms liked this

No, we have just used condoms for 9 years and no surprises.  If you are, and your family doesn't like it, piss on them. They don't get a say in your reproductive choices (or oopses).

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Yup. Just found out Friday. Fucking nuva ring.

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Thankfully, no, I have not...

Why drive yourself nuts? Test tomorrow and put yourself out of misery! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN