Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

end of tax credits

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Holy crap I didn't pay any attention to what the expiration of these tax credits would mean. I thought they'd only effect/affect the upper class. It means the end of the Earned Income credit and child tax credit. Oh my god my husband and I depend on those credits to get a decent return to pay off our bills. We're going to drown! What are we going to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Link.... doesn't apply to me but so many I know will be effected .. I'd like to read more ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

*smh* This has been covered how many times already on this site and people STILL believe this crap?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I'm going to sit back and smile big.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Good, I hope no one gets shit back.

But whatever will those that get thousands back to have fun with do?? You know those that blow it all at once and then whine about paying bills after its gone?! *eye roll*

FL2AK
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Guess all of the people who wanted the rich to pay their way should have been paying more attention to the news and current events.  If anyone thinks only one income level is impacted by tax laws they are fools.

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting .betty.white.:

Link.... doesn't apply to me but so many I know will be effected .. I'd like to read more ....

It's not true. The amounts of the credits will be cut, but the credits themselves will continue to exist.

FL2AK
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM

That has nothing to do with the cuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you claim more on your w2 you will get more back at tax time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
4 moms liked this
There are people who work their asses off and do pay taxes...who count on the money. My husband works almost 50 hours a week...and we need the EIC and child credits to make ends meet with a new baby on the way. It's ignorant to assume that people who are worried are the people who are lazy and not working. Childcare is ridiculously expensive so as Mom, I worked a part-time until my pregnancy wouldnt allow it anymore... in order to stay home with my kids and avoid thousands towards decent childcare, we need the credits and have worked hard for them! We don't blow taxes on TVs or furniture...we pay off car loans to eliminate payments or put them toward our student loans!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Can I join ya? Lol
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM
That's supposed to happen for 2013's taxes, not 2012, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Yep.  The poor are going to be horribly affected.

Guess they should've voted better.

Oh....btw....count on your employment taxes going back up (FICA and Medicare).

Guess they should have voted better? Because the republicans are perfect and could magically get us out of this hole, made by both parties? Wake up lady, you are delusional.

Since the tax cuts were originally done by a republican and it's the republican house in a stalemate against a democrat President.....yes, the republicans could've helped get us out of this hole.

Not that I expect most of you to understand all that regardless of how clear it is to the rest of us.

Maybe you could explain it to the wealthy, you know the group where over 60% of them are saying "raise our taxes", the ones who the Republicans claim to be trying to protect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)