Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many has this happened to? Because honestly it terrifies me...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: did it happen to you?

Options:

yes it did.

not to me but to someone i know.

didn't happen, thank goodness.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

I've heard about alot of women who accidently poop during labor and it turns me red just thinking about it, i'm absolutely terrified it could happen. When i had my son they did an emergency c-section so i never got to do the whole pushing thing. So go anon if you must but has it happened to you or someone you know?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Replies (181-190):
toopicky429
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
With all vaginal births, you most likely will poop. If the nurses are quick they can get it covered and out of the way before you notice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I didn't know that I did it. When I realized the nurse was changing the sheet down there I apologized and she said, "Not a problem. Don't you worry hun, I've seen it all."

Then again, I didn't really care in the first place if that happened to me. My vagina is already out for everyone to see, what's a little shit?

Ali5683

Not me. I pushed for 3 hours before they rushed me into an emergency c-section. No poop, thank God! That would be embarassing!

LoriLou75
I had 4 vaginal births and never shit myself.
NiCo86
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM
this lol

i even told my DH to lie to me if I did :) still to this day he says i didnt, what a sweet man.

Quoting -42-:

Hell if I know, I was distracted by pain and a 7 pound child tearing down the runway.

You won't care. And docs have seen it all, lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM
With my first I tried before they gave me the spinal to I wouldn't.... DH laughed at me I didn't with either deliveries
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, but in my defense I gave birth the day after Thanksgving 2001. It happens, lol.

idareyou
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I wouldn't have the foggiest clue if I did or not. If I did, no one said anything and DH never saw anything. The thought may norrify you, but you'd never know - baby coming down feels like having to poop so it covers any feeling of it too.

Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I think I'm just gonna tell hubby not to look down there when I'm pushing, lol. He has walked in on me in the bathroom and didn't care in the least, neither did i but he wasn't watching down there expecting to see a baby head and see poo instead, lol.

Quoting mich.el.le:

With #1, I did. I was a little embarassed but was too busy concentrating on pushing to care too much.  With #2, I had diarrhea in the beginning of my labor so there wasn't anything left to push out when I was pushing. lol

Eta:I know how you feel though.  I was HORRIFIED to think I would poop during labor. I'm a VERY private person.  Dh has never heard me fart, or seen me pee.  But, during the moment, you can't exactly stop pushing and go take a dump, and you don't really care anyway because you're in LABOR and concentrating on getting the bowling ball out from between your legs. ;)

Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

i'll be sure not to do that. i can't eat meat right now anyway, apparently our daughter is a vegatarian and doesn't want me to eat meat. If i try she makes me throw it all back up and i love meat so thats hard, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most women do, it's no big deal. I'm pretty sure I didn't because my husband was down there the whole time and he says I didn't but even if there is a little they whisk it away quickly. There usually isn't much because you tend to clear your bowels in early labor anyway.

I only know one woman who was embarrassed and that was her own fault. She decided to have one last really unhealthy meal before losing her pregnancy pass to stuff her face. She went out and had one of those big platters of fried appetizers like mozzarella sticks and spicy chicken wings. Next thing she knows she's in labor and that baby is coming fast. They get to the hospital and get ready and as she starts pushing she has major diarrhea all over the table. Covered the table, dripped to the floor, her husband almost threw up and even the medical staff looked repulsed. So, don't eat a platter of deep fried junk meant to feed half a dozen burly football fans in your last month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN