Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't tell me that having a pitbull is dangerous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
15 moms liked this
Yes, SOME pitbulls are dangerous. Any breed of dog can be dangerous! I get mad when someone states that pitbulls are dangerous. It's all about HOW YOU RAISE YOUR DOG!! It's the same with kids! You can allow your kids to do bad things, your kids can be dangerous too! So don't tell me that having a pitbull is dangerous because having a child can be dangerous too then! I have my third pitbull now and they've NEVER done anyone any harm! Infact my dogs will lick you to death!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I think people fear them for a majority of dog attack stories that are posted involve PIT BULLS. My mom's shelter refuses to even accept pit bulls.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM
3 moms liked this
All dogs can be dangerous. It doesn't always matter how they were raised or treated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

*slams head into wall*

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toopicky429:

All dogs can be dangerous. It doesn't always matter how they were raised or treated.

Yep.  How many times do you hear owners/parents saying something like "They've never been that way before" or whatever?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Having a pitbull is dangerous
2under5.mom
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree!! My bestfriend had 5 pitbulls and when i had my kids i took them over to her house so the dogs could get use to them since i was ALWAYS over there and after about 20minutes of the dogs being with my kids nobody else was allowed near them! The dogs protected my kids at all times...even though there was nothing serious going on! And not too long ago my nephew was dog sitting a pit and she was the best dog ever!! She was a lap dog..even though she was the same size as me! She was the sweetest thing ever! She would let my sisters son ride on her back and then she would just lick lick lick until you felt like you just took a shower!! I want to get one but i have to wait to get my own house since my Landlord says no pets!!

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. I have two Great Danes. Our older one is sometimes grumpy so we put her away when we have company. I don't really trust her with people she doesn't really know anymore. I think she has Alzheimer's, lol.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting toopicky429:

Yep.  How many times do you hear owners/parents saying something like "They've never been that way before" or whatever?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM
(sigh)

That is all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Many pitbull attacks have been by dogs that have come from homes in which they were well-raised and had never shown any previous signs of aggression. That is why people fear them- it's in their breeding.

Obviously, this won't happen with every pitbull, but why risk it around your children when they have this genetic track record?

BabyFruit Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM
7 moms liked this

Said every pitbull owner ever.....

before they attacked someone...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)