Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can top how I met my dh posts... *edit

I met him on AOL!

Yup thats right America On Line! 

We have been married almost 10 yrs, fell madly in love real fast.

He lived in another city in Cali. Two months after chatting we met in real life, a month later I was preggo.  4/5 months in to it we were living together,  Six months after we got married, two weeks after that we had dd.

10 yrs later we have two girls, on boy on the way. And have never been happier.

yes we did have our ups and downs, but I would never ever change it for the world!

He is my lobster! ( Lobster mate for life)

And I love him to death!

Cant picture my life with out him or our children. =)

EDIT: its great to see so many succesful love internet stories! You go mamas! True love exists no matter when, where or who you are =)

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Met my hubby on a blind date. Been together 7 years.
Leah3333
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my husband at my cousins wedding. I was 16 he was 31 widowed with two almost teenage children. I was invisible to him.

he was my brothers best friend so I made sure I was always around.

he asked me out n my 19th birthday

marriedd on my 21st birthday

son born 3 years later.

26 and now I am pregnant with our twins

my sep kids are 19 and 21.

and I am about to be a grandma at 26 :) 

love my husband so much he is my soul mate.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I met my DF at a bar. He was shitfaced and ended up in Detox that night. lol The story is a lot longer, but I don't want to bore anyone with details. It'll be 9 yrs in May.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I met mine on adultfriendfinder.com

*blush* Neither of us were looking for a long-term relationship, but we clicked.

We don't tell people that in real life, though. We just say we met on Match.com:)

mommatothree01
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I met my dh at a frat party, I was dating one of his frat brothers at the time.  He was super cute and funny, so I dumped the other guy.  We've been together for almost 17 yrs now, married almost 15.

My brother met his wife online, he was in Maine, she was in Hawaii.  They have been married for 12 yrs and have 4 kids (including a set of triplets) and live in ME.  Back then, meeting online was a rare thing.  I'm so happy they met though, she is sooooo awesome!

Yogamom08
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM
My sister met her husband playing halo 2 on Xbox live LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM

well thanks for the big loogie in my cheerios.... lol. its just nice to think and BELIEVE that 2 ppl can and will stay together without one stepping out on the other when it rarely happens. I know a few good examples of that happening, gives me hope for humanity, lol.

Quoting KyrinM:

Sarah, humans are primates, if you look at most primates, lifetime commitments really aren't in our biological makeup.  Also they have discovered that animals previously believed to mate for life, like swans, do indeed step out on their mates.  They found out through DNA testing on the cignets...found out daddy wasn't always the daddy. 

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

its amazing how animals can do something like that when people rarely ever do it.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

so do wolfes =)

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

oh and i call hubby my penguin, they also mate for life :)

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Met my hubby on kiss.com. I didn't want to pay to get responses, so I hid my e-mail address in my description on my profile. He saw my profile and the hidden e-mail, and contacted me. We e-mailed back and forth for a few days, and then talked on the phone for about a month before we met in person. Our relationship was a bit complicated for a couple years, but short story is we've been together for 10 years and married for 8. He's my everything, and even though we've had some rough times, I would not trade any of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats- i met my hubby on a parking lot while cruising the strip(  like kids in high school do!) we have been married 29 years- two girls and two grandkids!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Oops i meant coach..lol didnt check my spelling :+

Quoting Anonymous:

*coach

Couch is that long thing people sit on.

Unless you ex ... never mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

I met mine at the soccer field where my ex-dh was the couch :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN