Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can top how I met my dh posts... *edit

I met him on AOL!

Yup thats right America On Line! 

We have been married almost 10 yrs, fell madly in love real fast.

He lived in another city in Cali. Two months after chatting we met in real life, a month later I was preggo.  4/5 months in to it we were living together,  Six months after we got married, two weeks after that we had dd.

10 yrs later we have two girls, on boy on the way. And have never been happier.

yes we did have our ups and downs, but I would never ever change it for the world!

He is my lobster! ( Lobster mate for life)

And I love him to death!

Cant picture my life with out him or our children. =)

EDIT: its great to see so many succesful love internet stories! You go mamas! True love exists no matter when, where or who you are =)

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (151-160):
KyrinM
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Lol, sorry.  All that stuff said though, if you make the effort to stay connected & pay attention to your partner, I don't see how you can't stay together for a lifetime.  Sadly it is just so much easier these days to throw in the towel, declare it won't ever work, & find someone else.  In some cases it really won't work, no matter what you do, but sometimes that feeling of not being in love can be rebuilt.  But a lot of people find it easier just to find a new partner, rather than salvage the old. 

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

well thanks for the big loogie in my cheerios.... lol. its just nice to think and BELIEVE that 2 ppl can and will stay together without one stepping out on the other when it rarely happens. I know a few good examples of that happening, gives me hope for humanity, lol.

Quoting KyrinM:

Sarah, humans are primates, if you look at most primates, lifetime commitments really aren't in our biological makeup.  Also they have discovered that animals previously believed to mate for life, like swans, do indeed step out on their mates.  They found out through DNA testing on the cignets...found out daddy wasn't always the daddy. 

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

its amazing how animals can do something like that when people rarely ever do it.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

so do wolfes =)

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

oh and i call hubby my penguin, they also mate for life :)

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Hey, cool.  I met my husband on American Singles dot com in August 2003.  I knew he was the "one" and from the moment on, we were inseperable.  In June 2006, he proposed on my birthday.  We got married in February 2007.  I found out I was pregnant in March 2007.  We had our first child in December 2007, second child in June 2009 & third child in April 2011.   Yes, 3 kids in 40 months / 4 years of marriage.  I cannot believe we will have been together 10 years and married 6 years, pretty soon.  Time flies when you're having fun!  :)    <3  I love my family too!

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I met my husband on Yahoo.  I feel lame every time I tell someone.

sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM

lol your lobster!!! so cute!! did you get that from Friends??

nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Got you all beat. My mom met my hubby 15 yrs ago through geocities chat room & set us up. Married for 8 yrs, 2 kids, & can't imagine our lives without each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I think its actually easier than most people think to do what you said there if both people want it to work.. I'm always giving hubby attention (he's my attention whore, thats what i tell him all the time) and he's very attentive, even more attentive than i am. It takes two that want to make it work before it will work, like with my 6 yr olds bio-father it would never have worked becuase he was more interested in sleeping with anything that had a vagina and wanting nothing to do with my son, biologically his too but i did everything myself so thats why i say my son. That relationship i had to let go, it was best for me and ds. Thankfully i never married him, if i had i cant imagine what wouldve happened to my son or myself.

Quoting KyrinM:

Lol, sorry.  All that stuff said though, if you make the effort to stay connected & pay attention to your partner, I don't see how you can't stay together for a lifetime.  Sadly it is just so much easier these days to throw in the towel, declare it won't ever work, & find someone else.  In some cases it really won't work, no matter what you do, but sometimes that feeling of not being in love can be rebuilt.  But a lot of people find it easier just to find a new partner, rather than salvage the old. 

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

well thanks for the big loogie in my cheerios.... lol. its just nice to think and BELIEVE that 2 ppl can and will stay together without one stepping out on the other when it rarely happens. I know a few good examples of that happening, gives me hope for humanity, lol.

Quoting KyrinM:

Sarah, humans are primates, if you look at most primates, lifetime commitments really aren't in our biological makeup.  Also they have discovered that animals previously believed to mate for life, like swans, do indeed step out on their mates.  They found out through DNA testing on the cignets...found out daddy wasn't always the daddy. 

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

its amazing how animals can do something like that when people rarely ever do it.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

so do wolfes =)

Quoting Sarah_Moore:

oh and i call hubby my penguin, they also mate for life :)

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Met mine at Walmart. lol

Ok it's not that bad. I didn't meet him in the produce isle. He and a mutual friend worked there at the time. She told me to come meet him. So we left together after he got off work. We went to dinner, and spent hours talking. The rest is history.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Awwwww. <3
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Met him at a party. He was supposed to be a drunk one night stand.

jeslc03
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I met mine at a singles dance.... In February, we were married in June, got pregnant on our honeymoon... That was almost 10 yrs ago.

Both of my sisters met their hubs online. However my middle sister went to high school with her hubs, she just didn't know him until they met online. Kind of funny. They've been together 14 yrs. My oldest sister and her hubs have been married almost 11.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)