Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking or Non Smoking

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 96 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you allow smoking in your home, even if you don't smoke?

Options:

Yes

No

Under certain circumstances

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 182

View Results

Around the holidays we always have family come into town and visit for a few days, sometimes weeks. My husband's family are all smokers (dad, aunts, cousins) - who of course allow smoking in their homes. We don't .. even if its snowing and freezing cold outside - you gotta take your smoke outdoors. If you don't like it tough shit - it's our house. Just curious how many other people make their family/friends do the same.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Big fat NO!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM

i used to when I was with my ex. He didn't give me the option, it was his way or the highway and i was young and stupid... and I grew up in a home with smokers, so I didn't see the big deal about it, so I didn't make it a big deal with him. Well now I won't allow smoking in my home at all! I have completely changed my opinion it. 

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this

as a asmoker it is common curtosy to smoke outside if the house is non smoking. even my ss came home and asked if he could smoke in the house. it is a unwritten smoker rule.

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, and I smoke about 2 cigs each day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

We used to smoke inside. Ever since I got pregnant though any smoking takes place outside 100% of the time. 

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I know very few people that smoke.  Not a single one of them would ever even think of doing it in front of people they know are non smokers, nevermind in someone's home.  It's just common courtesy I would think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

No. DSS has asthma. No one smokes in anything (house/car/etc.) that he will have contact with.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

No smoking.......no smoking in my building or within 25 ft of entrances and windows.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Even when I smoked, I smoked outside. I wouldn't do that to my kids, and I wouldn't smoke in another person's house (well, okay, rarely I did, but there were no kids and she smoked there all of the time).

stefvan
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

No way!  I don't want my house to stink, it's a nasty habit and my daughter has asthma. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN