Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 303 Replies
2 moms liked this
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM
10 moms liked this

What the fuck? I get that what they went through is traumatic, but it is not the state's fault some crazy psycho shot up an elementary school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I thought too!

Quoting PEEK05:

What the fuck? I get that what they went through is traumatic, but it is not the state's fault some crazy psycho shot up an elementary school.

LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Why? I'd love to hear their reasoning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM
7 moms liked this

I am sure they won't.  They are taking advantage of the grief and trauma to be greedy to get as much money as they can from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM
9 moms liked this

It would make MORE sense to sue Adam Lanza's therapists!

So dumb!!

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I didn't know anyone survived. I have been thinking of this a lot lately and have been praying for them. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
22 moms liked this
Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Fkn. Ridiculous.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM
28 moms liked this
Way to be thankful your child was the only damn survivor in her class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN