Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM
3 moms liked this

It's their fault the doors didnt lock properly, that they didn't have adequate security. That dumb teachers, principals, and whoever else rushed a dude with a gun. There was no way they were stopping him and just left the kids with less adults to get them safely out (not that they can be blamed, they had no good plan in place and went in there on instinct). There was no good emergency plan, a crappy execution of an evacuation and about a million reason to sue. The on,y way the state listens is with their wallets. The shooters family is dead and his dad estranged, they're not responsible for what their adult child does. 

banana-bear
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Fucking ridiculous.

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Greedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I understand that morally, but it's not a law..... yet. 

Quoting teri4lance:

Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
11 moms liked this

If I were that child's parents, I would feel like I had won the lottery just because I still had my child alive......

The only person responsible for that was the shooter himself and he is dead. Had he lived, then sue him.

SB2217
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Seriously? How greedy can someone be??
I can't imagine h ow traumatizing that must've been for that little girl but how was the state supposed to know it was going to happen? It's ridiculous!
If anything sue the family who didn't stop Landza on time but the state?? (NOT saying they should sue the family but at least it's be a little more reasonable).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Uhhhh. Good luck with that

SB2217
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM
A little girl survived by "playing dead".

Quoting autiemama516:

I didn't know anyone survived. I have been thinking of this a lot lately and have been praying for them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM
You don't know wtf they are doing. Get your foot out of your mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sure they won't.  They are taking advantage of the grief and trauma to be greedy to get as much money as they can from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I don't think you have been following this story properly because many of those statements are false. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's their fault the doors didnt lock properly, that they didn't have adequate security. That dumb teachers, principals, and whoever else rushed a dude with a gun. There was no way they were stopping him and just left the kids with less adults to get them safely out (not that they can be blamed, they had no good plan in place and went in there on instinct). There was no good emergency plan, a crappy execution of an evacuation and about a million reason to sue. The on,y way the state listens is with their wallets. The shooters family is dead and his dad estranged, they're not responsible for what their adult child does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)