Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Wicked.Jester
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You are kidding right?  I don't want armed guards at my kids school because ONE idiot shoots up ONE school.  MILLIONS of children went to school that day and came home safely.

Bad things do happen, but I don't want my children living in constant fear of something that has less chance of happening than getting struck by lightening.   And statistically, that is absolutely the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Exactly! 

Quoting SB2217:

Seriously? How greedy can someone be??
I can't imagine h ow traumatizing that must've been for that little girl but how was the state supposed to know it was going to happen? It's ridiculous!
If anything sue the family who didn't stop Landza on time but the state?? (NOT saying they should sue the family but at least it's be a little more reasonable).

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM
This is part of what the judicial system is for...to address injustices

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand that morally, but it's not a law..... yet. 

Quoting teri4lance:

Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM
What a shame....
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

i think this is stupid. at least for the reasons named. adam lanza had no connection to the school, right? so how could anyone have known?

autiemama516
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quoting SB2217:

A little girl survived by "playing dead".

Quoting autiemama516:

I didn't know anyone survived. I have been thinking of this a lot lately and have been praying for them. 

Oh dear I never heard that. She will never be right mentally. I will pray for her.

Anonymous

People tend to lash out when they've been victimied and need to find blame or make sense. the principal killed in the shooting was the oe responsible for adding the security doors to the school, the school had tried to take precautions.

Quoting MommyBoha:

Way to be thankful your child was the only damn survivor in her class.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I just read that within a week of the shooting, her parents approached a lawyer about suing. Greedy, money hungry assholes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ooooooook

Anonymous
This!

Quoting teri4lance:

Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured