Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (261-270):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Everyone is sue happy now a days.

How could any one have known?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:38 AM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JLah
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I knew the lawsuits would start coming.

BrittM1988
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM
you think the family would just happy their daughter survived.. Greedy world we live in
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:43 AM
I agree!

Quoting teri4lance:

Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.
krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I wonder what gives them the impression that a mass murder at an elementary school, of babies was foreseeable.. was the government warned that this was going to happen or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Absolutely this!

Quoting kmorales7690:

This!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:46 AM
I agree with you OP, but really there is nothing they could have done and no amount of money can bring their kids back. I don't think there is any point in suing anyone in this case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Every school in America to have armed guard 24/7... what!? Totally impossible. 24/7. So at midnight there is going to be some dude sitting there armed outside of a dark school? It doesn't matter what you do to protect, if someone wants to shoot, they will still try. And no way is 100% effective, they can and will find a way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I wonder if they just saw a rerun of Austin Powers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)