Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (271-280):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I agree, what a bunch of greedy ass holes.

Quoting MommyBoha:

Way to be thankful your child was the only damn survivor in her class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM
I replied and just realized you said survivor, which makes it even harder to understand why they are trying to sue. So many parents lost their kids and the parents of the one kid that lived wants to sue. That doesn't make any sense at all. I hate to say this, but it sounds like they just want money.
pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM
You are correct. Which makes this even more far fetched.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought I read on CNN that she was in a nearby classroom, not the classroom things went down in. That would not make her the sole survivor, just A survivor. 

I don't like that term with this anyway. Hundreds of kids and teachers were able to escape harm that day, but all of their lives were in jeopardy. They are all survivors. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Some people believe that the shooting was done by the government because the story changed so much and because of the timing.  Just a minute and I'll see if I can find an article I saw on it.  I don't agree with it, but it was an interesting idea.

brittanyx22
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this
people are disgusting. any excuse to exploit a situation. what a smack in the face to the parents/families that lost a loved one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Found it.  It was a blog.  http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/ 

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people believe that the shooting was done by the government because the story changed so much and because of the timing.  Just a minute and I'll see if I can find an article I saw on it.  I don't agree with it, but it was an interesting idea.

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I agree with you, but how would they sue the shooters family? The shooter is death and so is his mom with whom he lived with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Sad. They should be thanking their lucking stars everyday that child is alive. Every other kid in her class is dad. I bet those childrens parents feel great knowing the parents of the line survivor are just trying to get money out of their miracle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Bump for update
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Quoting MommyBoha:

Way to be thankful your child was the only damn survivor in her class.

this!

they almost lost their daughter and all they want is a fkin paycheck. selfish, greedy ass people!

Head Admin of Survivors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN