Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (281-290):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM

If I was the parent of one of the deceased children I would find these parents and punch them in the face for being so ungrateful. People lost their children and they aren't suing. Someone who gets to hug and kiss their child everyday is asking for a million dollars. Really, you need a million dollars? Your child's being alive isn't enough? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Oh not just a million dollars. They're suing for ONE HUNDRED million. Ridiculous... Right?

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was the parent of one of the deceased children I would find this parents and punch them in the face for being so ungrateful. People lost their children and they aren't suing. Someone who gets to hug and kiss their child everyday is asking for a million dollars. Really, you need a million dollars? Your child's being alive isn't enough? 

Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM
There's no way this will win.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I don't think so either. The attorney has to ask for permission to sue the state first, and I hope it gets denied.

Quoting Megan11587:

pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
To put this in perspective, the state of CA settled with Jaycee Dugard for 20 million and she had a case. This child was not the sole survivor in the classroom but a survivor and 100m lawsuit is insane.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think so either. The attorney has to ask for permission to sue the state first, and I hope it gets denied.

Quoting Megan11587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Me too. This actually kind of pisses me off. They should be helping their child move on from this incident not prolonging her recovery

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Megan11587:

BananasBananas
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I'm willing to bet they would have an easier time receiving donations from people for therapy and other necessary recovery services than trying to point fingers at somebody. You can't really place blame on anybody but the guy who did it. He was mentally unstable.

This looks like the work of an attorney who exploits situations like this. I feel bad for the families that are most likely being pressured to press charges.
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I would sue the shooters father. Not the state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I think the person that should have been sued was the shooters mother. In a way, she's kind of lucky that she's not alive to see this all unfolding : /

Quoting lilmoosesmom:

I would sue the shooters father. Not the state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Interesting lawsuit. But the school syustem in Newtown, like most of the state is primarily TOWN funded. The town calls most of the shots and as much as 75% of the town budget would go to that school system. But of course it would be politically incorrect to sue the town of Newtown-and you wouldn't be likely to get much money.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)