Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (301-303):
Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I am sure this is just the first of many.

I have been waiting for someone to sue the schools or other places that are gun free zones.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I would agree with the case if it were to pass some sort of legislation that would protect kids and faculty in the schools but unfortunately it is always about the money either way. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I will repeat myself: 

Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.

These lawsuits - they aren't for money. They are for change. This is how the average citizen makes things change. This is what our judicial system is for. They have to pick an amount to sue for. This amount guarantees that they will garner the attention that this issue deserves. Gun free zones DON'T protect anyone. They simply disarm people against attack. If they are going to force people to be defenseless, then it IS their responsibility to keep them safe. TheyAre Failing. They are failing ALL OVER AMERICA. You guys - you shouldn't be mad at these people for trying to make a change - you should be wondering how your kid's schools are going to protect your children, and you should be scared as hell when you realize THEY CAN'T. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured