Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The family of the single survivor of the sandy hook shooting is trying to sue the state of CT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the amount of 100 million dollars for failing to protect the students from "foreseeable harm".

I sympathize with the survivor and her family 100%, but I'm not sure that the state could have foreseen or prevented this at all. Wouldn't the proper person to sue be the shooters family?

Update- I was watching the news last night and they were talking to the attorney that is representing this case (who looks like a doofus btw). He made a comment about there being other families that sue as well, and some of them will be represented by HIM, which leads me to believe that this scum bucket reached out to all the families in an effort to try to make money off of this tragedy. When asked what the state could have done differently to prevent this his only example was that the school should have been built architecturally different to better protect the children. Huh?? I'm disgusted. It's only been 2 weeks. Can't these families grieve without having attorneys trying to make money off of them!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

People like to sue. People sue all of the time over stupid shit and the case is thrown out. Out of all of the families, theirs really doesn't have much of a claim.

Kinda seems like a slap in the face to the other families. :/ My kid survived and I want millions.

Wicked.Jester
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I thought the same thing, where did all of those assumptions come from?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you have been following this story properly because many of those statements are false. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's their fault the doors didnt lock properly, that they didn't have adequate security. That dumb teachers, principals, and whoever else rushed a dude with a gun. There was no way they were stopping him and just left the kids with less adults to get them safely out (not that they can be blamed, they had no good plan in place and went in there on instinct). There was no good emergency plan, a crappy execution of an evacuation and about a million reason to sue. The on,y way the state listens is with their wallets. The shooters family is dead and his dad estranged, they're not responsible for what their adult child does. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I think the family is still angry.I would be if I almost lost my child like that. They are just taking your anger out on the wrong thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I said from the beginning, that if anyone got sued... I hoped it was the media. They did so many things wrong it was absolutely disgusting. 

Quoting MommyBoha:

I just read that within a week of the shooting, her parents approached a lawyer about suing. Greedy, money hungry assholes

pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
It's not even that child - it's a child that was in the school. I don't think they have a claim - at least not for that kind of money.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

People like to sue. People sue all of the time over stupid shit and the case is thrown out. Out of all of the families, theirs really doesn't have much of a claim.

Kinda seems like a slap in the face to the other families. :/ My kid survived and I want millions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wicked.Jester
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

His mother was a teacher there, but there is still no way they could have known.

Quoting dmarie2101:

i think this is stupid. at least for the reasons named. adam lanza had no connection to the school, right? so how could anyone have known?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM
This country is so fucked up. No, I'm not kidding. They are sitting ducks. You'll be singing a different tune when your kid gets shot and killed by some crazy kid. We have armed guards on Atm and money trucks, but not our children. 20 years ago, we didn't need it. Now, we do. Yes, I'm serious. But feel free to make sure your kid sacrifices himself for other kids who have parents that do want their kids protected. Mkay.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

You are kidding right?  I don't want armed guards at my kids school because ONE idiot shoots up ONE school.  MILLIONS of children went to school that day and came home safely.

Bad things do happen, but I don't want my children living in constant fear of something that has less chance of happening than getting struck by lightening.   And statistically, that is absolutely the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with them. And if they get the money they should fund all the schools of America to have armed guards on duty 24/7

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM
People sue over everything so this doesn't surprise me...and they will probably get money to...it makes me sick that they will profit from all of those childrens deaths
smurfy88
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
They won't get 100 million dollars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Sorry no one could have seen this coming
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)