Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If right now, late at night, someone were to...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

bang on your door and yell "Help me! Help me! HELP ME! I need in! He/she's going to kill me! Help me! Let me in!"

Would you let them in?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no.

Because I just watched Season 1 of American Horror Story....

Seriously though.. I wouldn't open the door.. People have tried that in the city I live in and have either gotten beaten near to death or have been killed.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

This I would let a woman in but not a man lol unless SO was here then I would just let him decide because I would be scared myself!

Quoting nocalmegan:

If it were a women, yes. If it were some random man, no. I'd call the police either way tho. And let my dogs in to guard the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Besides the obvious reasons what makes you trust a woman more than a man in this situation? You have no idea who or what is waiting for you on the other side of that door. Women are just as capable of committing crimes as men are.

Quoting nocalmegan:

If it were a women, yes. If it were some random man, no. I'd call the police either way tho. And let my dogs in to guard the door.
kngarber
by Katie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

No.  I coudn't risk the lives of my children.  :(  I know that sounds awful.  I would call 911 and do anything I could.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM
No way. I would call the cops and wait by the door with a gun till they got there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Quoting jackieb2811:

I would and then I would immediately call the cops.

Just letting you know, I've heard that this is a scam and a way for people to get into your house, so I would NOT let him/her in, Just call the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
NO my children are in the house and my husband is deployed. I do not answer the door at night to anyone.

I would call the cops and the police station is two blocks away and I would move my children to my room and get my gun.

I would feel bad but I can not endanger myself or my children. My first priority is to them. I will do whatever I could without endangering my own family.
kngarber
by Katie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Plus for this trusting thinking many cons use a woman bait to get in the door.  It's sad, but the world we live in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Besides the obvious reasons what makes you trust a woman more than a man in this situation? You have no idea who or what is waiting for you on the other side of that door. Women are just as capable of committing crimes as men are.

Quoting nocalmegan:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
If so is home, yes. If not... 911
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

this. Before baby, I would have with the shotgun in hand.  Now, no.

Quoting kngarber:

No.  I coudn't risk the lives of my children.  :(  I know that sounds awful.  I would call 911 and do anything I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)