Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If right now, late at night, someone were to...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

bang on your door and yell "Help me! Help me! HELP ME! I need in! He/she's going to kill me! Help me! Let me in!"

Would you let them in?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I know my answer is with just a question but if that happened and in that moment I will be doing something else. So really I can't say if I would or wouldn't do. We all would do something different in the heat of the threat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Yes.
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM
No I would call the cops while my husband got our gun out if the safe in the bedroom and loaded it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Nope. I grew up in the city. I know better. I'll call 911.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I'd have a better chance at fighting off a woman if that was the case but I would have no chance to fight off a man. If dh was home I would let him decide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Besides the obvious reasons what makes you trust a woman more than a man in this situation? You have no idea who or what is waiting for you on the other side of that door. Women are just as capable of committing crimes as men are.

Quoting nocalmegan:

If it were a women, yes. If it were some random man, no. I'd call the police either way tho. And let my dogs in to guard the door.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
There was something going around a while ago where they played a recording of a baby crying to get women to open the door. It's scary that people would use others kindness against them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
No. I would call 911 but I wouldn't put my kids in danger. I might open the garage but still lock my doors and have my alarm on.
Saille717
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I'd get my gun first, and my DH if he's home -- which he's in bed right now, then yes I'd answer the door.  But male or female I'm getting the gun first.  

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM

See I started thinking about it right after replying and thought " Wow that sounds sostupid of me"! I am here alone some nights when SO works and I would never let someone in with just me and my twins while I am 19weeks pregnant! Not to mention SO would be mad I put myself and my boys in danger lol! This is why I keep telling him we need a gun and I know he wants one but he is a Marine vet and only wants an AR-15 which I have no clue how to use and it scares me!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jackieb2811:

I would and then I would immediately call the cops.

Just letting you know, I've heard that this is a scam and a way for people to get into your house, so I would NOT let him/her in, Just call the police.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd look out the window while calling 911 and then decide if I was going to let them in or not

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN