Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If right now, late at night, someone were to...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

bang on your door and yell "Help me! Help me! HELP ME! I need in! He/she's going to kill me! Help me! Let me in!"

Would you let them in?

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen. I was thinking that too. Men can make women do things like that to get themselves in to rape, kill, thieve, whatever. I wouldn't let anyone in but call the cops. I would feel bad because I been there and the people did open the door thank God but you just can't trust people these days.

Quoting moosesmom:

NO!!!!! But I would call for help ASAP!

***Let me add this. Just because there's a woman on the other side of that door doesn't mean you should trust her enough to open the door. You have no idea what the situation is. It could be a set up. It's not unheard of. I get it, we see a woman in need of help and something in us wants to help. But remember you can't put anything past ANYONE. Anyone is more than capable of doing harm to you and your family.

KelissaMaye
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I've seen that episode of American Horror Story.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM
No but I would call 911
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My-mono-twins
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a huge window at my door so I would stand there with a gun. tell them to chill and be quiet, call police if he came up to harm the person I would shoot him through the window!

rockinmomnwife
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Same here. I would not risk the life of my kids.

Quoting Stephd710:

No way. I would call the cops and wait by the door with a gun till they got there.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Why assume that she's alone?

Don't under-estimate ANYONE. Better safe than sorry. Just don't open the door.

Quoting nocalmegan:

I'd have a better chance at fighting off a woman if that was the case but I would have no chance to fight off a man. If dh was home I would let him decide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Besides the obvious reasons what makes you trust a woman more than a man in this situation? You have no idea who or what is waiting for you on the other side of that door. Women are just as capable of committing crimes as men are.

Quoting nocalmegan:

If it were a women, yes. If it were some random man, no. I'd call the police either way tho. And let my dogs in to guard the door.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM
The way,there has been home invasions in my town lately. I'd let her know I'd be calling the police & have a .45 on the other side of the door ready just in case.

ETA.
This scenario did happen to someone.
When the woman said she was going to call the police,all of a sudden the girl & the baby she had with her disappeared & was picked up on the end of the block.
Then on top of that they left their truck parked in reverse in the driveway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Nope. I would call 911 though.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Did they catch all of them?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are absolutely right. A few months back, a young girl did the same thing to an older gentleman here where I live and because he knew the girl he opened the door, she instantly rushed in with 3 older boys and they beat him really bad.. 

Quoting moosesmom:

NO!!!!! But I would call for help ASAP!

***Let me add this. Just because there's a woman on the other side of that door doesn't mean you should trust her enough to open the door. You have no idea what the situation is. It could be a set up. It's not unheard of. I get it, we see a woman in need of help and something in us wants to help. But remember you can't put anything past ANYONE. Anyone is more than capable of doing harm to you and your family.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Id call 911... Dh & i would both be standing by with guns. DS would be hidden.

I dont trust people easily and i dont open the door for people i dont know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN