Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Religious Topic* VERY good lecture...Bible vs. Quran

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
  • 48 Replies

Yustuf Estes (formerly Skip Estes, a Protestant Preacher) speaks to a Christian man at an interfaith conference. Very Good lecture if you have time to listen. 

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_lisa
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Ya... that's really long and I get bored with video. Got a transcript? I'd probably read it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I am mobile. Can you just give me the bullet points??
WLNL0507
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Sorry, No transcripts :(  The Christian man was asking him how a Devout Strict Protestant Preacher scholar of the Bible leaves his religion and becomes a Muslim and scholar in Islam. So, Yusuf Estes goes on to explain the differences and the Christian man breaks down in tears. Very touching lecture. 

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
They are both translations of the same freaking book! When will people learn this?!
WLNL0507
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Wow, I just finished the video. The man became a Muslim in the end. Wow. 

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

This, I can't focus on a video for more than 5 minutes at most, but I can read for hours. 

Quoting miss_lisa:

Ya... that's really long and I get bored with video. Got a transcript? I'd probably read it.

WLNL0507
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The difference, is the Bible has been altered, unfortunately. The Quran has never been altered in over 1400 years of existence. Part of what the video is about :)

Quoting cueballsmom:

They are both translations of the same freaking book! When will people learn this?!

WLNL0507
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

It's really worth the listening. Just listen in the background while surfing CM. That's what I'm doing :)

Quoting miss_lisa:

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there actual unbiased proof of this? I find that incredibly difficult to believe. A mere translation from one language to another is going to create alterations due to the nature of how language works.

Quoting WLNL0507:

The difference, is the Bible has been altered, unfortunately. The Quran has never been altered in over 1400 years of existence. Part of what the video is about :)

Quoting cueballsmom:

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Lol my problem is I'll zone out and it will finish and I'll realize I haven't heard word he's said for the last 31 minutes.

Quoting WLNL0507:

It's really worth the listening. Just listen in the background while surfing CM. That's what I'm doing :)

Quoting miss_lisa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)