Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O ... fat people are slobs.***EDIT CHALLENGE SET**

Posted by   + Show Post

I beg to argue this point. (***FYI No I do NOT agree, this is what was said to me ***)

****EDIT : For everyone saying '' show me real photos '' I will... tomorrow evening. I am a big girl ( Not obese but big ) I will slam CM with photos of myself tomorrow to show that yes we can do our hair..our make up. etc on our own and not look like a slob! Only reason I dont tonight is because I take photos, and the camera is always at arms length and I have to look for some full body shots hahah!

None of these women look like slobs to me, some dont realize that being overweight does not make you a slob.

Third dress is horrible though hahaha!

LOVEEEEE Melissa Maccarthy good

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
horseap
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Because clothes for bigger women are mostly ILL FITTING!  Unless you got to higher end stores that do Plus they dont fit cute and shapely.  Going into walmart and grabbing a pair of pants is much harder.  A girl who is a size 6 can run in grab something and it will work she wont have to worry about the rise or the fit if it covers everything her tummy isnt cut in two by they pants blah blah blah.  Plus I dont see any clothes riding up.  What would you rather have them wear a mu mu so you just cant see their shapes in general?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I looked at the picture. Some of the clothes are very ill fitting. If your crotch is eating up your pants they are the wrong size.  Doesn't matter if you are fat or skinny, the pants are the wrong size. I don't consider sandals, to be part of workout attire. But maybe some people do seriously workout in sandals. What book did I read by it's cover? I said I would not go out dressed like that fat or skinny.  I didn't say anything about those women directly, why I wouldn't wear those clothes and  I certainly didn't state any of them were sloppy, fat, or anything else. So I don't know what I'm supposed to be so ashamed of.

Quoting horseap:

Did you really look at that pic?  To me it looks like the 3 are out exercising(they look to be in a park on a path and are all carrying water bottles.)  Exercise clothes for plus size people arent exactly cute skinny yoga pants(have you ever seen a big girl in yoga pants!)  IMHO this is appropriate clothing for what it seems they are doing.  Now if they were in booty shorts or big holey stained tshirts with 5 day old makeup and matted hair and crusty shoes at a school function of course they should be ashamed.  BUT YOU should be ashamed for reading a book by its cover.SMH!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not go out in public dressed like that. Fat or skinny.

Quoting horseap:

Before I go farther, are we saying these women look like "slobs"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Try posting real everyday women that are fat...like this.

Thank you.  Every day women living their every day lives, look really different than women primped and primed for a photo shoot.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
amyasmommy2005
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM

all the women in my family are big  but they know how to dress. they always get compliments on their clothes,hair and nails.

siggyo

HipLikeJunk
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:37 AM

When I gained a lot of weight, I stopped trying to dress nice and stopped wearing jewelry. I just wore plain boring tshirts (black, grey, or blue only), black hoodie, and jeans. I'm very sure I looked like a slob. Because when you're told you are worthless because you're fat, and why even bother do you actually think you look good.... you just stop trying (or I did at least). :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM

So you're saying that your average every day plus size woman, out doing every day things, who doesn't have lots of money for higher end clothes or a personal stylist, isn't going to look as coiffed and put together as the women in the original pics?  

Quoting horseap:

Because clothes for bigger women are mostly ILL FITTING!  Unless you got to higher end stores that do Plus they dont fit cute and shapely.  Going into walmart and grabbing a pair of pants is much harder.  A girl who is a size 6 can run in grab something and it will work she wont have to worry about the rise or the fit if it covers everything her tummy isnt cut in two by they pants blah blah blah.  Plus I dont see any clothes riding up.  What would you rather have them wear a mu mu so you just cant see their shapes in general?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I looked at the picture. Some of the clothes are very ill fitting. If your crotch is eating up your pants they are the wrong size.  Doesn't matter if you are fat or skinny, the pants are the wrong size. I don't consider sandals, to be part of workout attire. But maybe some people do seriously workout in sandals. What book did I read by it's cover? I said I would not go out dressed like that fat or skinny.  I didn't say anything about those women directly, why I wouldn't wear those clothes and  I certainly didn't state any of them were sloppy, fat, or anything else. So I don't know what I'm supposed to be so ashamed of.

horseap
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Uhh Im saying that when you said her crotch was being eaten by her shorts Im saying the cut isnt flattering not that she wasnt trying.  Cheap plus size clothes are mostly womens patterns with inches added NOT a plus size pattern like in Lane Bryant.  Cheap clothes often are too short so your tummy hangs out or the rise in the crotch isnt enough.    You can look nice but the PIC that we were discussing that you seem to be turning around was about women in work out clothes.  Who werent dressed as slobs.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're saying that your average every day plus size woman, out doing every day things, who doesn't have lots of money for higher end clothes or a personal stylist, isn't going to look as coiffed and put together as the women in the original pics?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Gotcha, I think I understand now. Cheap clothes for plus size women  are usually ill fitting and do not flatter but yet the women don't look sloppy wearing them. They  just look like they are wearing cheap ill fitting clothes. Which doesn't look good on any one fat or skinny.

Quoting horseap:

Uhh Im saying that when you said her crotch was being eaten by her shorts Im saying the cut isnt flattering not that she wasnt trying.  Cheap plus size clothes are mostly womens patterns with inches added NOT a plus size pattern like in Lane Bryant.  Cheap clothes often are too short so your tummy hangs out or the rise in the crotch isnt enough.    You can look nice but the PIC that we were discussing that you seem to be turning around was about women in work out clothes.  Who werent dressed as slobs.

Quoting Anonymous:

horseap
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Are you the McDonalds poster?! lol... you know what your right, fat people are pigs! You should corral us up and banish us to Alaska so you never have to look at us again because we are unworthyto be in your line of sight.  *SMH* yeah you have NO REASON to be ashamed of yourself.  I would rather my shirt be to short any day than have your attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Gotcha, I think I understand now. Cheap clothes for plus size women  are usually ill fitting and do not flatter but yet the women don't look sloppy wearing them. They  just look like they are wearing cheap ill fitting clothes. Which doesn't look good on any one fat or skinny.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Where did I say plus size women look like pigs or anything near like the crap you are spewing out at me.  I said ill fitting cheap clothes look bad on anyone, fat and skinny alike. I have no reason to feel shame. Now if I were actually   spitting out the type of crap you are  choosing to read  into what I've said. THEN I would have reason to feel shame. Since I haven't, I don't.   Are you just looking for a reason to be offended at this point?  

Quoting horseap:

Are you the McDonalds poster?! lol... you know what your right, fat people are pigs! You should corral us up and banish us to Alaska so you never have to look at us again because we are unworthyto be in your line of sight.  *SMH* yeah you have NO REASON to be ashamed of yourself.  I would rather my shirt be to short any day than have your attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

horseap
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Ok sure!  Have a great night!rolling on floor

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did I say plus size women look like pigs or anything near like the crap you are spewing out at me.  I said ill fitting cheap clothes look bad on anyone, fat and skinny alike. I have no reason to feel shame. Now if I were actually   spitting out the type of crap you are you are choosing to read  into what I've said. THEN I would have reason to feel shame. Since I haven't, I don't.   Are you just looking for a reason to be offended at this point?  

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Some of them are just big boned.They would probably look sickly if they lost much weight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)