Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After 13 years we are finally doing it

Posted by   + Show Post
That's marriage of course. :) I have been with my SO for a amazing 13 years and two kids. We are finally going to do it. Oct 2013 we will be getting married with a justice of peace and then having a amazing honey moon.

I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed for "living in sin" or whatever else you lovely ladies will say. This has always been our plan but never a big deal for us.

Just wanted to tell everyone my good news. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
PEEK05
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Congratulations

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Congrats  about time.

Why did you wait 13 freaking years ?  Wondering what your kids think.? Why did he decide it was time ? I would have thought you'd have the HUGE white wedding all the other moms with illegitimate kids want, why don't you want one.?? No BIG Reception? 

Does that mean you wouldn't be collecting PA, Medicaid,  FS & everything else the government tax payers, paid for the past 13 years while you were living in sin ?  Will you reimburse medicaid for the births of those kids?

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Quoting momoftwo0406:

No some where in the states. We want to drive where ever it is. We live in Indiana so we will be looking at places around us. Or at least with in 15hrs

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Congrats! I wish you many blessings in your union! Have you decided where to honeymoon?

A road trip? That would be nice. The two you can add even more memories to the ones you already have! That is so cool. I do not know you, but I am excited for you! Take care! Oh, before I go, it would be romantic if you two go to a place where the leaves change colors (I live in Los Angeles, and there is not too big of a notice of autumn here-palm trees stay the same all year long), sipping on hot drinks, while embracing each other......sorry, I am getting carried away! Good night!

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Same with my sister.....they met as juniors in high school in 1996........she went to college, got her degree, got a job, other sis (twin, btw) had the same situation by married her HS sweetie in 2002 right after college........

Small town, so she kept it on the downlow.....decided around, oh, April of this year "maybe we should get married now...." got a gorgeous vintage ring on Etsy, drove down to her college alma mater (huge big 10 college, btw) got married to a JOP and her twin, who is a professional photographer, took pic and was the only witness.

We had a luncheon for them that afternoon when they drove back the 3 hours :) Even had TWO bridal showers weeks prior.

Two days later they went to a private resort around Cozumel for a week....

It's rather funny because co-workers ask her, "How is married life?"

Erm, it's fine. I don't think they know she's been living with him for a decade :)

My baby sis, who is 33 btw, is very low key and her husband is really quiet and laid back and shy...a big wedding isn't THEM, you know? This was what they wanted an we honored it.

Seems the only ones who threw the biggest fuss were her outgoing  8 year old students who she told "I"ll no longer be Miss Hxid93, but Mrs. S8wggh in the fall."

WHATTT!!!!!!!!????? LOL

Quoting momoftwo0406:

It's becoming a normal thing I think. Marriage has never been a big deal to us but I was TOLD its time lol.

Quoting sampson200:

Congras.

My sister recently married her SO in July after being together for 16 years, no kids (she teaches 2nd grade and says she has enough children already).

Minimal JOP ceremony, with amazing honeymoon in Mexico.

Congrats - sounds heavenly :)

sampson200
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I live in Indianapolis!

If you need ideas, I'll be happy to help you search :) I work in visitor information for the city........ PM me.

We honeymooned at Mackinac Island in northern Michigan. About a 7 hour drive - it was heavenly and quiet and fab.

Or Gatlinberg TN is only about 6 hours away ; cabin in the woods; we did that this past August.

When is your wedding date?

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting momoftwo0406:

No some where in the states. We want to drive where ever it is. We live in Indiana so we will be looking at places around us. Or at least with in 15hrs

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Congrats! I wish you many blessings in your union! Have you decided where to honeymoon?

A road trip? That would be nice. The two you can add even more memories to the ones you already have! That is so cool. I do not know you, but I am excited for you! Take care! Oh, before I go, it would be romantic if you two go to a place where the leaves change colors (I live in Los Angeles, and there is not too big of a notice of autumn here-palm trees stay the same all year long), sipping on hot drinks, while embracing each other......sorry, I am getting carried away! Good night!

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Why we waited: because it isn't a big deal to us. It's just paper.

My kids don't care they don't ever ask or say anything about it.

I never wanted a huge WHITE wedding. Even as a little girl marriage is a good thing but doesn't change anything.

No reception at all since we won't be having a wedding and won't have any family there but my parents.

I would love to know why you assume we have been living on PA?? We got together at 14 lived with our parents till I was 17 he was 18 and then we both have worked full time to raise our kids. We both make good money and don't need help. Thanks for sounding like a complete bitch because you don't understand something.

Marriage is not a big deal to a lot of people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats  about time.

Why did you wait 13 freaking years ?  Wondering what your kids think.? Why did he decide it was time ? I would have thought you'd have the HUGE white wedding all the other moms with illegitimate kids want, why don't you want one.?? No BIG Reception? 

Does that mean you wouldn't be collecting PA, Medicaid,  FS & everything else the government tax payers, paid for the past 13 years while you were living in sin ?  Will you reimburse medicaid for the births of those kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Thank you yes a road trip is our plan. We were thinking of a cabin some where so we can go hiking and he can go fishing. :) I'm thinking a cabin on a lake in the middle of no where would be amazing.

Thank you have a good night

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Thats wonderful, Congrats!! If its not too personal what made you guys decide to do it now?

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Quoting sampson200:

I live in Indianapolis!

If you need ideas, I'll be happy to help you search :) I work in visitor information for the city........ PM me.

We honeymooned at Mackinac Island in northern Michigan. About a 7 hour drive - it was heavenly and quiet and fab.

Or Gatlinberg TN is only about 6 hours away ; cabin in the woods; we did that this past August.

When is your wedding date?

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Oh no, we've been married for 13 years now. We haven't gone on an official honeymoon, but we have been several places. Going up, I had super strict parents and I was not allowed to go anywhere. So after marrying my husband, I decided to check out San Francisco, Oakland, Napa Valley, San Diego (my state first) and recently I was reunited with my relatives in Louisiana. Thank you for the offer and I will take you up on it! Seeing other places is an eye-opening experience, especially for children. You are kind for offering advice and help when you have every single right to concentrate on you right now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured