Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After 13 years we are finally doing it

Posted by   + Show Post
That's marriage of course. :) I have been with my SO for a amazing 13 years and two kids. We are finally going to do it. Oct 2013 we will be getting married with a justice of peace and then having a amazing honey moon.

I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed for "living in sin" or whatever else you lovely ladies will say. This has always been our plan but never a big deal for us.

Just wanted to tell everyone my good news. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Awesome!

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:32 AM
All we know Is Oct I'm thinking the weekend of the 13th and we are in Elkhart. Got any more info on the cabin? That sounds like exactly what we are looking for.

Quoting sampson200:

I live in Indianapolis!

If you need ideas, I'll be happy to help you search :) I work in visitor information for the city........ PM me.

We honeymooned at Mackinac Island in northern Michigan. About a 7 hour drive - it was heavenly and quiet and fab.

Or Gatlinberg TN is only about 6 hours away ; cabin in the woods; we did that this past August.

When is your wedding date?

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting momoftwo0406:

No some where in the states. We want to drive where ever it is. We live in Indiana so we will be looking at places around us. Or at least with in 15hrs

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Congrats! I wish you many blessings in your union! Have you decided where to honeymoon?

A road trip? That would be nice. The two you can add even more memories to the ones you already have! That is so cool. I do not know you, but I am excited for you! Take care! Oh, before I go, it would be romantic if you two go to a place where the leaves change colors (I live in Los Angeles, and there is not too big of a notice of autumn here-palm trees stay the same all year long), sipping on hot drinks, while embracing each other......sorry, I am getting carried away! Good night!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM
About time! Congrats. Why are you waiting another 10 months if you're just going to the courthouse?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM

congrats i have always wanted to get married :)  9 and half years together and 2 kids also :)

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM
We are finally at the point in our life where we can get away and have the honey moon we want. Plus for some reason he keeps talking about it. I think he just wants to make it legal.

I have been the one that has kept putting it off he wanted to do it years ago.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Thats wonderful, Congrats!! If its not too personal what made you guys decide to do it now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Just because that's when we want our honey moon.

Quoting Kaybean:

About time! Congrats. Why are you waiting another 10 months if you're just going to the courthouse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Does your SO know this?

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

congrats i have always wanted to get married :)  9 and half years together and 2 kids also :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

We've been together 13 years, married for 7. If I had my way we'd still be living in sin lol, but it was important to my husband.

sampson200
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Odd, our anniversary is October 14th and I was born in Goshen!! Small SMALL world!

Okay, I searched my history with a friend and click HERE for a link to the actual cabin we stayed. It is large, though: a 4 bedroom. We did a couple's weekend 4-day thing and it was only $245 a couple! But looking at the pictures will so get you in the mood. It really is awesome. I think the drive from Elkhart would probably be around 8 hours. Super easy. Leave in the morning, there by dinner :)

If you do stay near Pigeon Forge (which would be UH-mazing in the all, the Smokey Mountain foliage, oh yeah!) we ate at this restaurant one night; it was lovely: CLICK

This cabin is a 1 bedroom and sooo insanely cute: CLICK Even has a pool table and a hot tub on the BALCONY. Hello! I believe it is $99/night. A steal!

Quoting momoftwo0406:

All we know Is Oct I'm thinking the weekend of the 13th and we are in Elkhart. Got any more info on the cabin? That sounds like exactly what we are looking for.

Quoting sampson200:

I live in Indianapolis!

If you need ideas, I'll be happy to help you search :) I work in visitor information for the city........ PM me.

We honeymooned at Mackinac Island in northern Michigan. About a 7 hour drive - it was heavenly and quiet and fab.

Or Gatlinberg TN is only about 6 hours away ; cabin in the woods; we did that this past August.

When is your wedding date?

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting momoftwo0406:

No some where in the states. We want to drive where ever it is. We live in Indiana so we will be looking at places around us. Or at least with in 15hrs

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Congrats! I wish you many blessings in your union! Have you decided where to honeymoon?

A road trip? That would be nice. The two you can add even more memories to the ones you already have! That is so cool. I do not know you, but I am excited for you! Take care! Oh, before I go, it would be romantic if you two go to a place where the leaves change colors (I live in Los Angeles, and there is not too big of a notice of autumn here-palm trees stay the same all year long), sipping on hot drinks, while embracing each other......sorry, I am getting carried away! Good night!

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:42 AM
What are you waiting for? Any reason you haven't done it?

We have our own reasons for waiting but we always knew we would. He is a amazing man I'm so lucky to have him in my life. Now it's time to get the legal crap done. We have legal papers to protect our self as of now for any medical care and living wills but it will be nice to not worry about all the extra paper work. That's the only thing we are really getting out of being married. Since we are not religious.

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)