Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to all of you step moms who have crazy as heck bio moms...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Be jealous of my Ex's wife. 

she is one of my best friends.

my ex see's our DS whenever he wants. If DS wants to call his dad, day or night I call him. If i know he is in class/work I will shoot him a text telling him DS wants to talk. and I let them talk their boy talk for however long they want (at least until 10 minutes till bed time then its time to say love you and get off of the phone.)

I call/text his dad with updates from ds school because I want to and I know that his dad wants to know. If he wants to go to confrences with me I let him, same for doctors apointments and all that other good stuff. 

on Christmas eve my ex, his wife, and their 2 boys stayed the night with me and DS so that both of us could enjoy christmas morning with DS. 

it wasnt always this easy though, I used to be your typical crazy CM bio mom. I wanted things done MY way or NO way. then I got over it and grew up. I wanted DS to have all of the perks of his parents being together with out the fall down drag out fights that would have happend if his dad and I were together. and I got lucky and it worked. and DS is better off for it. so here's to you guys for putting up with some out right crazy and yet you keep on loving those kids and their dads. and heres to hoping that the BM ends up with the same thought process that I had, Fighting doesn't work in the best intrest of the kids so even if you hate each other fake it for your kids. they will thank you for it later.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM

BUMP!

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM
You are one of the few that would see the better for the child and be mature about the situation
Sad to say not many will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Good for you! My parents and step parents are like this. DHs ex is the only bitch in the bunch. It's going on 17 years of frothy hate from her at this point, so I don't see it changing. I am so glad for you all that it did, though. It makes life so so much easier.

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

i am like that too, although my ex always goes out with crazies so i stay away from that. but i have been there for my ex when he goes through relationship issues, my df has given him advice too. it wasnt until a few months ago that i became the mean crazy bitch because my ex decided to get a wild hair up his ass and legally kidnap our children for 3 months only letting me see them for 15 minutes at a time whenever he wanted. so i took him to court and now we have a C/O and i am the one who takes care of them full time while he now gives me cs (which he didnt before due to us being in agreement) and now he has the baby mama drama with his gf that he has a baby with. i laugh at it and act civil unless he is being a douche. but i was the non psycho one. my df's ex wife on the other hand....oy vayyy

EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I also think that we are only hearing ONE side of the story

Quoting SnapIt:

You are one of the few that would see the better for the child and be mature about the situation
Sad to say not many will

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Awesome! Thanks! It gives me hope :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I tried to be that person.. until the ex took me to court for 'impeding his access'. never understood how keeping and involving him in the loop was impeding his access but what ever. I just stopped and for my own sanity don't do anything anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Way to be pessimistic. Is it so hard to believe that two adults can act like just that? Adults.

Quoting EachNewBreath:

I also think that we are only hearing ONE side of the story

Quoting SnapIt:

Sad to say not many will

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Thats horrible!

Quoting bustybee:

I tried to be that person.. until the ex took me to court for 'impeding his access'. never understood how keeping and involving him in the loop was impeding his access but what ever. I just stopped and for my own sanity don't do anything anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN