Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

deer dire ee 122812

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 99 Replies
So today I woke up at like ten. The little miss woke me up with her little cute hands patting away on my shoulder and a request of a bag of candy for breakfast. I got up and made her oatmeal and turned on cartoons for her in the living room. The soulmate was snoozing away on the couch and his ipod alarm kept going off every few minutes. Then he got up and left. The little miss and I watched cartoons for awhile, then she had a PB n fish sandwich for lunch. I tried unsuccessfully to get her to take a nap. I put a roast and potatoes and frozen green beans in the crock pot with beef broth and lipton onion soup packets. Then took the little miss out to play in the snow. it kind of sucked because I don't have snowpants or gloves so I couldn't really play with her much. But I watched and took pictures and she had a ton of fun. I had to bribe her with playdoh to come in after 30 minutes. I bundled her up well but her little cheeks were so rosy I was afraid they'd get frostbit or something. So anyways I got her in, put her in the bath because honestly she hasn't had one in like.....5 days. While she soaked and played in the bath I washed the few dirty dishes, picked up the house, dusted the TV stand, swept, and steam mopped the floors. When she was done with her bath we played with playdoh for a long while. We had a lot of fun. Then we had dinner, watched some nick Jr and Disney Jr. Then she went to bed. Then I read the manual for the new carseat. The soulmate came home so I made him a plate of dinner. The little miss woke up from a nightmare but we got her back to sleep. Then the soulmate and I conversated a bit and he did some laundry while I cleaned up the kitchen. I am ready for bed now :-)

It was a really good day. I appreciate the time I get to spend with the little miss. She fills my life with joy. Her little face is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I just want to cuddle herr all day but of course she protests. I appreciate the soulmate too, that he picked up stuff at the store foor me so I wouldn't have to take an hour out of my day for that. I appreciate his help with the laundry and his friendly conversation with me. And I appreciate the food we have and the roof over our heads. I feel so blessed :-)

Feel free to add your own. Vent/appreciate/whatever you need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotamoose
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

....how quaint. aren't you just the cutest thing. 

sassyme999
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Why had she not had a bath in 5 days ?
RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

damn, what it is to have one kid...lol. nice, but be careful about saying you left your kid in a bath by herself because many women on here will tell you it was dangerous and you could have has a drowned kid. other than that nice.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Peanut butter and fish?

anotamoose
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Thanks! That is really nice of you!

Quoting Anonymous:

....how quaint. aren't you just the cutest thing. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Conversate is not a word.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM

conversate is NOT a word. It's converse, or conversed...

anotamoose
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM
She wasn't dirty so she just didn't need one. I don't want to dry out her skin with unnecessary bathing. I sponge her off daily but if she hasn't played outside or done something dirty I don't give her a full tub bath.

Quoting sassyme999:

Why had she not had a bath in 5 days ?

anotamoose
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Thanks for the advice :-)

Quoting RoseBlossom:

damn, what it is to have one kid...lol. nice, but be careful about saying you left your kid in a bath by herself because many women on here will tell you it was dangerous and you could have has a drowned kid. other than that nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)