Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My family stole a Xmas card my daughters father sent her...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
...as well as a birthday card meant for me. Gotta love family, right? My dd and I are staying with family temporarily, and including the money in cards, I've had over $100 stolen from me. Now my dd doesn't get to go to the zoo with the $20 her dad out in the Xmas card. I am beyond angry. Of course they deny they ever took anything. Why steal from a five year old? What has she done to deserve this?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Armymom134
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Get a post office box, problem solved. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Yes, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'll be getting a po box on Monday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Rent a post office box so they don't have access to your mail.

headingsouth13
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree when dh and i were staying with family when our first apartment burnt down 4yrs ago that is what we did because we knew his brother had STICKY FINGERS AND ENJOYED "5 FINGER DISCOUNTS"

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM

wow, how pathetic :(

Hopefully the mail is just delayed. You should have him make it look like a bill lol jk, like someone else said get a post office box.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way, especially with your own family :(
(same anon)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'll be getting a po box on Monday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:32 AM

This has spurred me to confess something I did 15 years ago.  I know!!!  I suck!!  So do your relatives! We should all be whipped soundly and sent to bed. 

My roommate and I were living in an apartment and she moved her boyfriend in with us.  His dad would send him money pretty often.  Not just a few bucks, but $50's and $100's.  Everytime I saw an envelope with the guy's name on it, I'd open it, steal the money and throw the card/letter away.  It didn't last but maybe 2-3 months, I guess they realized the money was being stolen.  No one ever said a word or mentioned it.  I didn't dislike the guy. I didn't care that he lived with us.  He was actually nice and not a bother to me at all.  I have no idea why I did it.  I guess I had a mental issue. I was not raised to steal!  And I do not steal now and I have never done it since!  Wtf! 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I would be livid. my parents used to open my mail and keep it, so I to this day do not know what I have received or if I still receive mail to that address. I was happy when I moved and got a new address

sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thats such bs im sorry that happened to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM

its possible that the mail is just being delayed. i mean, less than a week has gone by, right? sometimes, it takes almost a month for me to get my mail... one time, i got a corner piece of my sister's card. lol the mail people found the other pieces and put together my address and sent what they had. =( luckily my sister scans everything she sends through the mail (she's lost presents, gift cards, regular letters, etc), so i was able to get a copy.. but it still sucked.

i sent out a letter to my friend about 2 weeks ago and he just got it today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Um..ok

Quoting Anonymous:

It had to be one of them.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know they stole them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN