Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Epilepsy and sex

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have epilepsy and during sex if I get to excited I have one. I can't O or be on top , nothing like that ahh the doctors no why but have not figured out how to help me. Does anyone else deal with epi.. does it affect you during sex?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:39 AM
That sounds terrible! I'm sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MPH_2010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Thanks it's really is!

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

That sounds terrible! I'm sorry.

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It happens to me sometimes. We take certain precautions to avoid them as much as possible. Like not being too tired, not too shakey ( which I always do but it is always worse before a seizure) . I also take omega wild salmon oil supplements to help balance everything out.
MPH_2010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

It happens to me sometimes. We take certain precautions to avoid them as much as possible. Like not being too tired, not too shakey ( which I always do but it is always worse before a seizure) . I also take omega wild salmon oil supplements to help balance everything out.

I've never heard of taking those to help. I should look into that. I know when I have a seziure or get to that state t messes with my sugar and I have to drink orange juice and I get really sick !

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:59 AM
I would love just to feel sick and need to drink juice. I paralysis on my entire right side including my speech.

Have you been checked for diabetes?

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I've never heard of taking those to help. I should look into that. I know when I have a seziure or get to that state t messes with my sugar and I have to drink orange juice and I get really sick !

MPH_2010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I don't have diabetes what I mean was that happens afterwards not during. The type of seizures I have are the convulsion type where my whole body jerks and I usually hurt for a while after. My eyes rolls and I can't breathe. Plus I can't remember anything.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I would love just to feel sick and need to drink juice. I paralysis on my entire right side including my speech.

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:07 AM

my husband has gran Mal seizures as well. fortantly he has never had a seizure ontop of me although i have always worried in the back of my mind that he will someday. it deosnt help that he shakes really bad when he cums.

Quoting MPH_2010:

I don't have diabetes what I mean was that happens afterwards not during. The type of seizures I have are the convulsion type where my whole body jerks and I usually hurt for a while after. My eyes rolls and I can't breathe. Plus I can't remember anything.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Mine are Complex partial seizures sometimes I convulsive and sometimes I don't.

The reason I was asking if you have been tested for diabetes is the problem with your sugar levels after a seizure. If you sugar is low before sex then the extra energy needed will send you into a seizure.

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

MPH_2010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I am hypoglycemic not diabetes but that may very well have something to do with it. I will check my sugar next time before I have sex and see if I can help it like that.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

The reason I was asking if you have been tested for diabetes is the problem with your sugar levels after a seizure. If you sugar is low before sex then the extra energy needed will send you into a seizure.

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:15 AM
That's what I would do. Hopefully it helps to control your seizures a little more and will allow you to get a little crazier. LOL

Quoting MPH_2010:

I am hypoglycemic not diabetes but that may very well have something to do with it. I will check my sugar next time before I have sex and see if I can help it like that.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting MPH_2010:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)