Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't call my cell phone to chat with me!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have a pay as you go Verizon cell phone. Every February I put $100 on it and typically have money left over the next year when I go to put another $100 on it. Today I have a balance of $1.50, and it aggravates me.

I only give the number to my children's school, doctors, and close family and friends. I tell family and friends "Only call me on my cell phone if you HAVE to get in touch with me. Please don't call just to chat. Call my home phone for that." Basically, the cell phone is so the school can reach me if my kids are hurt or sick, if my car breaks down, or someone needs my help and they can't reach me at home.

My home phone and Internet isn't cheap. I can call pretty much anywhere and talk forever if I want with no extra charges. My cell phone is EXPENSIVE to shoot the shit on. Also, if I am not home, I don't want to chit chat. I am driving, not safe, at a register, friggin rude, or at my son's school, busy, etc and so forth.

Yet, .........people still call me on it, while I am sitting at home, to say, "hey, what's up?" Ummm, not my cell phone minutes.

So, no, not the end of the world, but irritating. I don't have extra money to waste.

I just needed to vent a bit. It was triggered by my friend calling me at 5am on a Saturday morning to CHAT on my cell phone. I thought someone died.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Calling someone at 5 AM just to chat is very rude, who does that?
DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Then don't answer, and call back on your house phone to see what the emergency is??? EASY!!

rockabillybetty
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:50 AM
I feel you. I used to have a phone like that too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Quoting DieselsMom:

Then don't answer, and call back on your house phone to see what the emergency is??? EASY!!

If I am OUT somewhere, that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense would it? If I am home, I don't answer. I see who is calling and call them on my home phone.

The point is, I would like people to be considerate. If someone asked me repeatedly not to do something, I wouldn't do it.

BluePandaDreams
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Simple solution here. Don't answer the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM
You still don't have to answer it if you're not home. Those prepaid phones have voicemail. I have one, so I know. If its that damn important, they'll leave a message and then you listen to it to see if its worth calling them back. That doesn't use as many minutes as answering and shooting the shit for 15 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DieselsMom:

If I am OUT somewhere, that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense would it? If I am home, I don't answer. I see who is calling and call them on my home phone.

The point is, I would like people to be considerate. If someone asked me repeatedly not to do something, I wouldn't do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Simply don't answer it unless it's the school and call back family and friends on your home phone.

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:33 AM
My dh goes through too many mins too. He will call the person back on the house phone instead of answering he cell.because he always gets caught up in a conversation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN