Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbor called animal control on me!!! **Updated with Pics!!**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
9 moms liked this

Okay we live out in the middle of nowhere, I mean theres three stop lights in my "town" and we live on the most populated street which is about twelve houses spaced roughly three hundred or more feet apart. So anyways I have this (yes I know its stupid) extremely irrational fear of cats.  Im trying to get over it because DD wants a kitten so bad so I figured Id give it a shot.

There is this pretty sweet and really beautiful stray calico that has been hanging around our house the last few days.  Shes pretty big ( I thought she was just chunky) and always is waiting for me when I go to work in the am.  So I started putting out cans of tuna and wet cat food for her, again trying to overcome my fear of her species lol.

Well about three or four hours ago I could hear her "crying" outside so I peaked out the door to see if something was wrong.  She has floppin on the snow bank and bleeding from what I assumed was her back door.  It was loud enough to wake up DD and she saw the kitty and started crying for me to help her.

So I picked up the cat, mind you I was shaking and crying like a baby, and walked her a few feet back to our garage to get a better look at her.  DH is extremely allergic to pet dander so he refused to let me bring her in the house.  To my amazement when I sat her down on the old dog bed for trixie a tiny little bundle came rolling out of her lol. 

Poor kitty wasnt fat she was in labor in the middle of a snow storm!  We have a small ceramic space heater out there for when DH holes himself up to work on his project car so I turned it on grabbed her some food and water and sat down to keep an eye on her. 

A little after the third kitten came out someone started banging like a wild man on my garage door.  When I opened the door it was an animal control officer and one of the four police officers in my town.  My damn neighbor said she saw me swinging around a animal that was screaming its head off.  The cat, when I picked her up, was wriggling from labor so Im assuming thats what she saw.

I explained it all to the two officials and they had a good laugh about it.  The animal control person gave me some food from her truck and a number to a vet if anything bad happened with Momma kitty.

Needless to say when I came inside DD is thrilled we have baby kitties in the garage and Im trying to talk DH into letting her keep one. Told him we could buy stock shares in Benadryl.  So as a late x-mas present we are letting her keep one.

My night has been traumatic and fullfilling at the same time....ugh nosy damn neighbors!

**Update**

I checked on her ten minutes ago and we have six kittens and I think shes through.  Theyre beautiful and I decided to keep Momma kitty after we get the kittens (aside from DDs) homes.  Oh and for those possibly going to bash me for being scared of cats I have a legitimate reason.  When I was 8 I tried to pick up a tom cat outside my moms house and it attacked me. Ended up having to get shots and 13 stitches in both my lip and my eyebrow!

**Heres requested pics of momma.  The other pic is one of the babies that has had a rough going the last few minutes.  Im hoping it makes it through :( **

**Well heres an update! Momma kitty (we named her Dora compliments of DD and DD also named the kitten Boots go figure! lol) went downhill shortly after delivery, she just kept bleeding and bleeding so I took her to the vet the next morning.  They had to do a tiny operation on her because she apparently tored a part of her insides while delivering.  Shes home (yes in the house!) and hasnt had a rough time nursing though we left the kittens at the vet with her to get checked out as well and to be fed while Momma was recovering.  They also went ahead and did an all around check up and administered her shots.and what not. The other kittens are doing great.  We set them up a little area inside the utility room for now. Claritin seems to be working on my biggest baby (DH) he even held one this morning lol Thanks Ladies yall are awesome!**

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM
7 moms liked this
Very nice...you saved those babies and now you will have a couple of your own. May I suggest that you get momma kitty spayed as soon as you can otherwise you might end up with a lot of baby kitties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw...I guess that's what you get for trying to be nice huh?  LOL  I found a stray one day, she got into my apartment building and when I picked her up to put her back outside I felt that she was preg.  Well it was sleeting and I knew if she had the kittens they would die so I let her in for the night and figured I would take her to a shelter the next day.  Well she had her kittens under my bed that morning.  I'm not aloud pets and I am also allergic so it was never possible for me to keep her but I found them a good home with a friend. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Aww...I love kitties. There is some spray you can get at the pet store to put on the cat that helps with their dander. I used to be allergic and I got a cat and used that spray for a few months and just quit. I no longer welted up when the cat touched me and didnt sneeze all the time either.

GavinsMom101310
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:54 AM
aww Congrats and good for you momma! Im terrified of any stray cat, and most inside ones too. I was attacked when I was 6 by our pet cat and it traumatized me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Aw! I love cats! I wish I could have one but DS is allergic :( just be sure to fix mama Kitty so that you don't get any more kittens running around :)
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Congrats on the new additions to your family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Pics please!!! I want to melt over those tiny little bundles.if you have any questions at all don'r hesitate to ask
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:59 AM
What is it called? I might try it although I have always been told the allergy comes from their saliva not dander. Worth a try though!

Quoting angie729:

Aww...I love kitties. There is some spray you can get at the pet store to put on the cat that helps with their dander. I used to be allergic and I got a cat and used that spray for a few months and just quit. I no longer welted up when the cat touched me and didnt sneeze all the time either.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Its been so long ago that I cant remember the name. If you ask at the pet store they should be able to tell you. I remember I just sprayed it on kitty and rubbed it into the fur.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it called? I might try it although I have always been told the allergy comes from their saliva not dander. Worth a try though!

Quoting angie729:

Photobucket

heavenly1462
by Jessica on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Awe! Congrats on the kittens! Post a picture! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)