Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog is just like having a kid!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We just registered our 10 month old puppy in Daycare.  Its 180 a week and he will be able to stay while we are working.  Its a resort.  They have cameras so we can watch him online.  We interviewed them twice before registering him.  I'm so excited that he will have playmates and supervision while we are working.  

And the best part is now when we want to go away, he will already be established in a place that he is comfortable with.  

Does anyone else send their dog to daycare?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (71-80):
NewMama28
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM
What a spoiled little pooch! (Meant in a good way!)

If I could afford it my dog could totally benefit from doggy daycare. He has bad seperation anxiety... Has since I first got him. I'm a single mom and its been rough on him being number one for the first couple of years and then becoming second when my dd was born. He has been very jealous of her and has become quite bratty. He's gotten a little better now that my dd can interact with him and play with him now.

Though its not exactly like having a kid... It's similar in a lot of ways. Just not on the same level.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

so did you give birth to it too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Quoting Dqnana:

My name not given because for some reasons post get ignored. My SN is Catchup29. I'm not hiding for any specific reason.
IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I think it is bad for the dog to be treated as though it is alpha/human.

Quoting Dqnana:

No ... your dog is NOT like having a kid. Really.  It is a D.O.G.  Get a grip.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It is like having a kid! You have your skin babies and then you have your fur babies. I have a boy skin baby and a girl fur baby lmao. People think I'm nuts for bringing a puppy into our family but the difference is i can leave her at home. With DS, I can't lmao.
momeza0409
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, now wait a minute.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking good care of your pets.  I am the mother of an only child and she is off to her first year of college.  My husband and I have 2 small dogs that we call "our boys."  When we go out of town they go to the doggie spa.  I am a homemaker so I am home with them most days.  Pets are just as a part of the family as any human.  People that don't get this make me suspicious.  If you don't like animals that's your right but don't make fun of or think those of us that do treat our pets like family are crazy.

Tara922c
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Do you have kids?
mom2bell
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
That quite possible is the stupidest thing I've read in ambling while. I opened this post because I have a puppy who is so much work worse that a baby and I thought "ooh, perhaps some help or encouragement here." But then WTF!?!? He'll no would I ever put my dog in daycare even if it were free. It's a dog!
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

No way wouldI ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quoting Tara922c:

Do you have kids?

Yes, 3. Adults. They live on our property but not in our house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured