Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

No. It doesn't help, what's the point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM
None of the above.
I usually feel sorry for them, that they think their money makes them so much better than the rest of us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I have nothing to be jealous of, we live well.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Motivated. Then again Im not surrounded by anyone I know personally who is very well off. But, I live in a very nice town and some people have some really nice houses and cars and I'm like "I can't wait until I can have a house like that". That's what motivates me. That and the fact that I want my son to have a better life than I had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

None of the above.
I usually feel sorry for them, that they think their money makes them so much better than the rest of us.

I've met very few people who are well off that think that.  This Christmas I had 2 surgeons sitting at my table that I have been friends with since college. I also invited 2 of my husbands coworkers, who are homeless and live in a shelter.  Everyone got along very well, and was able to find common likes as topics of conversation.  My friends who are well off, never once acted as if they were better.  I think the difference is, is if you worked your ass off to get where your at, you never forget where you came from.  

BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Do I get motivated to make money to support my family with DH yes, but not so we can be rich. Money isn't anything to me, just paper that helps us get food, necessities and pay the bills :} its all just paper and metal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I'm happy where we are now but we are older and should be where we are IMO. I have people in my life that are jealous of me (my SIL for one), it use to bother me but now I ignore it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting mas2124:

Motivated. I used to get jealous, now I watch and learn.

That is what I started to do.  I was jealous that 2 childhood friends were going to medical school.  But it wasn't their fault or responsibility that I got pregnant at 18.  I woke up one day and thought they came from the same place I did, I can do this too.  I didn't become a doctor, but I've done pretty well and have always tried to look at people "above" me and learn.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN